Solved

What are metafields and how do they work?

SkinniezMarket
Visitor
1 0 1

I don't know what it mean nor what's the purpose please help me understand 

Let's do this
Accepted Solution (1)

deepaksharma
Shopify Partner
443 61 90

This is an accepted solution.

In simple words Metafield help you create dynamic field which can be handled separately for each collection.

Let's take an example we have 4 A, B, C, D collection and you went to collection page and set up a image banner but the problem here is this same banner will be shown on all 4 collection page.

WE DON'T WANT THIS, rather we want that all 4 collection should have their own image

so we head to Settings> Custom Data> Collection Metafield.

and create a metafield and selecting the type we need for here we need file.

This will create an additional field in the at the  bottom of collection

deepaksharma_0-1710818671667.png

You can simply select image banner for each of your collection seperately.

This feature does not limit to only Images, you can promote different type of tables, collections, products, and many more,

Not only collection page You can use on all pages except for homepage I use it for so many reasons

deepaksharma_1-1710818887559.png

To show specifications for my product to promote some collection on my page even reviews I don't utilize app for that, additional descriptions and many more

Hopefully, it will help you. If yes then Please don't forget to hit Like and Mark it as the solution!

Deepak Sharma || Shopify Developer || Helping eCommerce Stores
- Was my reply helpful? Accept it as solution
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution.
-CHAT ON WHATSAPP | BUY ME A COFFEE | MAIL ME: ds2305187@gmail.com

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

deepaksharma
Shopify Partner
443 61 90

This is an accepted solution.

In simple words Metafield help you create dynamic field which can be handled separately for each collection.

Let's take an example we have 4 A, B, C, D collection and you went to collection page and set up a image banner but the problem here is this same banner will be shown on all 4 collection page.

WE DON'T WANT THIS, rather we want that all 4 collection should have their own image

so we head to Settings> Custom Data> Collection Metafield.

and create a metafield and selecting the type we need for here we need file.

This will create an additional field in the at the  bottom of collection

deepaksharma_0-1710818671667.png

You can simply select image banner for each of your collection seperately.

This feature does not limit to only Images, you can promote different type of tables, collections, products, and many more,

Not only collection page You can use on all pages except for homepage I use it for so many reasons

deepaksharma_1-1710818887559.png

To show specifications for my product to promote some collection on my page even reviews I don't utilize app for that, additional descriptions and many more

Hopefully, it will help you. If yes then Please don't forget to hit Like and Mark it as the solution!

Deepak Sharma || Shopify Developer || Helping eCommerce Stores
- Was my reply helpful? Accept it as solution
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution.
-CHAT ON WHATSAPP | BUY ME A COFFEE | MAIL ME: ds2305187@gmail.com