Which plan do i need to customize SMS notification ?

Solved
JKS
6 0 0

Hi,

I have a Basic Shopify Plan and I can't customize SMS notification. Which plan to choose if I want to customize my SMS notifications ? Shopify or Advanced Shopify ?

Thank you

Replies 66 (66)
Tyler4Southcott
2 0 0

Hey Helen, I'm having the same issue. Can you please do the same for me?

Helen
Shopify Staff
1398 170 232

I’d be happy to, @Tyler4Southcott! Watch for an email coming your way shortly, so that I can look into this for you.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

zenthings
1 0 0

Hello, 

I would like to end my trial too and pay my first invoice as I am facing the same issue. could you please assist?

Thanks,

Helen
Shopify Staff
1398 170 232

Hello, @zenthingsI'll gladly look into this for you too. 

Do you know what date your trial ends on? I’m asking because as I mentioned in a previous reply in this thread (see the screenshot below), the request to move onto a paid plan before your trial ends needs to be escalated to our Financial Services team for review. Not all requests to be billed early are granted, and the process can take up to 3 business days, sometimes longer based on support needs, to hear back. 

20-09-3h1my-la4gx

Therefore, I recommend assessing your account status to see if it makes more sense time-wise to wait for your first invoice to be issued on it’s own, which would then also automatically enable SMS notification editing abilities. 

Let me know what you think, and if you’d like to proceed with moving forward with the escalation.

Thanks!

ricecoffeehouse
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Helen,

Is the review by Financial Services still in place? We're hoping to open on Monday, but cannot edit the customer SMS messages even though we've entered our payment info for our plan. The chat support member suspected that change from trial status would come within 24-48 hours from our payment, but it seems from this thread that I should reach out to Financial Services. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to end our trial status before Monday!

Thank you so much,

Sophie

Helen
Shopify Staff
1398 170 232

Hi, @ricecoffeehouse! Yes, the review is still in place. Entering your billing information into your account and choosing a plan will ensure your store automatically transitions over to your plan of choice and issues your first invoice, once your trial time ends; It doesn’t end your trial time and invoice you for your first subscription immediately, I’m afraid.

When is your 14-day trial set to end? You can check this by going to ‘Settings > Plans and permissions’. The date your trial began is displayed in the Member Since area.  

If there is still substantial time remaining on it, and you feel it will be a good use of time to escalate your request to be billed for your first invoice, I’m more than happy to do so. Let me know what you decide!

ricecoffeehouse
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Helen!

I reached out to a Shopify support member after looking at this thread just in case it was still in place, and they said they'd submit a request for me. I haven't received any notification of a billing request or review in process; is there a way I can look this up or maybe you can check that Financial Services has received a request for our site? Our trial ends in a week and we opened today, so I am really hoping to be able to edit SMS as soon as possible.

Thanks so much,

Sophie Clayton, Quality Manager at Rice Coffeehouse

Helen
Shopify Staff
1398 170 232

Absolutely, @ricecoffeehouse. I’m happy to look into this for you.

Did you receive a ticket number via email from the Support Advisor you spoke with? The fastest way to follow up with it would be to reply to that email, and request an update. However, I’m also sending you an email in order to authenticate your account so that I can proceed with looking into it for you, if required. Please watch for it and reply when you get a chance if you are still needing me to follow up from my end. 

Thanks,

VuNguyen
1 0 0

Hi, Team Shopify Support.

Currently, I am using Basic Plan in shopify, but i can't edit SMS in "order confirmation" section. as attached picture. Please, Can you explain to me this problem.
Thanks for supporting.1.JPG2.JPG

Helen
Shopify Staff
1398 170 232

Hey, @VuNguyen

That’s unusual! SMS Notifications are only able to be edited when on a paid plan (ie. you can’t be within your trial time). Therefore, since your store was started on July 30, 2020 you should have transitioned out of your 14-day free trial by now, and onto a paid plan. 

As a first step towards troubleshooting this, please confirm you have been issued invoices for your subscription since your trial ended. Please go to ‘Settings > Billing’ and note if there are any paid invoices within the Bills section.

Let me know what you find, and we’ll go from there!