Why am I facing a gift cards API permission issue on my Plus store?

surajit1
Shopify Partner
9 0 2

I have Shopify Plus store, and 'write_gift_cards' & 'read_gift_cards' permission is give, when I try to GET the gift cards data through GraphQL API it returns 'Access denied for giftCards field.' although all the permission was given. Same issue facing in REST API as well. In REST API 404(Not Found) response is shows.

Snapshots :

all the permissionall the permissiontrying to get gift cards datatrying to get gift cards data

Thank you kindly for any help!
Replies 3 (3)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2044 223 326

Hey @surajit1,

It sounds like there may be a problem with your Shopify Plus store that is preventing you from accessing gift card data using the GraphQL or REST APIs. The fact that you are getting an "Access denied" error message when using the GraphQL API suggests that there is a problem with the permissions that have been granted to your app.

To resolve this issue, you may need to check the permissions that have been granted to your app and ensure that it has the correct access to the gift card data. You can do this by going to the Apps section of your Shopify admin and reviewing the permissions that have been granted to your app.

If the permissions are correct and you are still unable to access the gift card data, you may need to contact Shopify support via live chat for further assistance. The advisors will be able to escalate your query to the correct team and help you troubleshoot the issue to get your app working correctly.

Please visit https://bit.ly/3qqfpfZ to be connected with a member of our support team.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

surajit1
Shopify Partner
9 0 2

We already contact support team, they said to contact shopify dev forum, now what to do. We have Shopify Plus Store but we can't access gift cards API. Please advise

Moira
Shopify Staff
2044 223 326

@surajit1 

I will direct your query to the API forum team within the community so they can help you out! You can also reach out to them by following this link. 

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog