Solved

Why am I getting a 403 Forbidden error on Cloudflare after connecting GoDaddy?

renata998123
Tourist
5 0 1

hello

my website got 403 Forbidden cloudflare after i tried to connect my godaddy with shopify

could u pls help me to check it?

Accepted Solution (1)
Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 140

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @renata998123!

Thanks for getting back to me. I checked your domain on our end and I don't see any errors — it looks like all of your settings are correct. However when I try to access your site, the domain redirects to 8b2219-5.myshopify.com. I'm not sure if you've disconnected the domain from your admin, but if you have I recommend following these steps again to add it back. 

If you're still having trouble, I recommend contacting our live support team through the Help Center so we can investigate further. Simply enter the details of your issue into the chat assistant and click I still need help to be connected with a Support Advisor. 

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 11 (11)

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 140

Hi, @renata998123!

Thanks for posting in the Shopify Community, I'm happy to look into this with you. 

If you log into your Shopify admin and navigate to Settings > Domains, are there any errors or alerts about your domain? Can you also share your domain here so I can check it myself?

I look forward to assisting you further! 

Greta | Shopify 

renata998123
Tourist
5 0 1

No, no errors reported; I've been adding domains and still can't open the; my domain:rizznova.com

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 140

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @renata998123!

Thanks for getting back to me. I checked your domain on our end and I don't see any errors — it looks like all of your settings are correct. However when I try to access your site, the domain redirects to 8b2219-5.myshopify.com. I'm not sure if you've disconnected the domain from your admin, but if you have I recommend following these steps again to add it back. 

If you're still having trouble, I recommend contacting our live support team through the Help Center so we can investigate further. Simply enter the details of your issue into the chat assistant and click I still need help to be connected with a Support Advisor. 

Greta | Shopify 

renata998123
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Greta,

My problem has been solved, thank you

WendyC
Tourist
11 1 1

Apologies I had meant to respond to Greta.

WendyC
Tourist
11 1 1

Hello Greta,

I have trouble with my site as well. It shows up fine when I enter the domain name without the "www." However when I use the "www." prefix I get an 403 forbidden cloudflare error. The domain is www.wendycoombesphotography.com

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 140

Hey there, @WendyC!

Thanks for reaching out. I went on your store, both with and without the www. and was able to access it either way (and I tried on a few different devices with no issues). I also checked the domain using our internal domain tool and didn't get any error messages.

Can you confirm who your domain host is? I may be able to look into more information from there! 

I look forward to assisting you further. 

Greta | Shopify 

WendyC
Tourist
11 1 1

Hey Greta - Thank you for looking into this I have been able to resolve it. It turned out that the www. had not been added as a domain with Shopify. All good now. Thank you again.

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 140

I'm so glad to hear that, @WendyC! Thanks for the update, I'm glad the issue was resolved. 

Greta | Shopify 

lipeng
5 0 0

I also encountered a 403 problem, how to add www. as a domain with Shopify.

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 140

Hi, @lipeng!

Thanks for reaching out. Could you share your URL here? I'd be happy to take a look. I also recommend ensuring your DNS settings with your domain provider match what's listed in this help document

I look forward to assisting you further!

Greta | Shopify