Why can't I create a new collection on my platform?

Punchyclothing
Tourist
7 0 1

Im trying to add a new collection - like I have done numerous times before but when I hit "save" it just goes back to the previous screen and the collection is nowhere to be found. I have tried 5 times as well as trying in another browser. What the heck is going on please help

Replies 8 (8)
Punchyclothing
Tourist
7 0 1

It’s past midnight now I will do so tomorrow 🙏🏼

muhammadhammaf2
Tourist
5 0 2

It sounds like you're experiencing difficulty adding a new collection to your system despite following the usual process. This issue could stem from several factors:

1. Browser Cache or Cookies: Clearing your browser cache and cookies might resolve the issue. Sometimes, stored data can interfere with website functionality.

2. System Glitch: Occasionally, technical glitches occur on platforms that prevent new data from being saved properly. Try refreshing the page or logging out and back in to see if the issue persists.

3. Permissions: Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to create new collections. Sometimes, access rights can prevent users from making changes.

4. Platform Updates: The platform might have undergone updates or changes that affect the way collections are created. Check for any recent updates or announcements from the platform provider.

5. Network Issues: Slow or unstable internet connections can cause data submission failures. Try accessing the platform from a different network to see if the problem persists.

6. Contact Support: If none of the above solutions work, reach out to the platform's support team for assistance. They can provide further troubleshooting steps or investigate the issue on their end.

RazHarel
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi,
I am having the same issue. I am pressing the Add Collection button on the Collections page and nothing happens.
Tried to log out and in a few times but nothing (the add product in products page is working though).
How do i clear cache and cookies? I am not familiar with that? Thank you

Punchyclothing
Tourist
7 0 1

Well turns out it was because the image I wanted to use for the cover photo was flagged as copyright…. I used a different pic and created the collection then tried to change the pic to the one I wanted and it said “image not allowed” if it just said that in the first place I would have known what the problem was 🤦🏽‍♀️

shoptube56
Excursionist
26 0 8

this happens to me frequently.  The only thing I know to do to fix it is logout, completely remove all cookies/cache for Shopify and relogin.  Sometimes a private window in a new browser does it too.  If you want to debug this more with Shopify, you can open your debugging console for your browser, load the page and as you hit the save button, the error console will fill up and you can share this info with Shopify.

Punchyclothing
Tourist
7 0 1

I have logged out a few times, will try the cookies thing next thanks 

Valentinejackso
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello there

It kind of funny that we faced similar issues.  Some month ago when I was trying to design my website I got an issue which was creating a collection for my products on my website, this issues actually took long before I was helped by someone. Were you trying to design your website too? 

Punchyclothing
Tourist
7 0 1

No my website has been running for ages