Why can't I verify my email due to a server error?

Aziz0
Visitor
3 0 0

I can't Verify my email telling me that a server errorScreenshot 2023-01-23 144216.png

Replies 5 (5)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1653 167 262

Hi, @Aziz0!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

I understand that you're looking to verify your email address but are receiving a server error. I'd like to confirm when the server error takes place. For instance, when you click Resend email, or when you complete the steps provided in the verification email? 

It sounds like this may be a local issue as well. Here are a few troubleshooting steps that you can try:

• Clear your cache and cookies on your browser. After this, completely reboot the browser.
  • Try a different web browser to rule out any browser issues. 
  • Try another device, like another computer or mobile phone.
  • Try another internet connection (switching to a cellular network on a phone rather than wifi, for example)

If these steps do not solve the problem, feel free to reach out to their support team directly here. They should be able to take a closer look.

If you're just getting started and you're not sure what your next steps should be, we have a great checklist that can help with getting set up and ready to sell. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Aziz0
Visitor
3 0 0

hello mac nothing work reach out for their support but they tell me to come back here

Mac
Shopify Staff
1653 167 262

Hi again, @Aziz0!

Thanks for following up. 

Based on your response, it sounds like you reached out to our support team and were redirected to the Shopify Community as your request was not in the Advisors scope. Rest assured, I will be happy to help.

In order to assist you better, please confirm the following:

1. When does the server error take place? For instance, when you click Resend email, or when you complete the steps provided in the verification email? 
  2. Are you using a Shopify or Third-Party Domain? 
  3. Did you have a chance to review our Domains guide to ensure that yours is set up correctly? 

Kindly reply back to this thread with any questions or updates and we can continue our conversation further!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 

Shuniking27
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey there Mac
I am experiencing the same problem where whenever I want to verify my email and I click on resend email a red bar pops up at the bottom of the screen and says server error. I have already verified my email before and it still says I have to do it: Check your myemail@gmail.com inbox for a message confirming this purchase, then follow the instructions to verify your email address. Verify within 15 days to ensure your site stays visible online.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hey, @Shuniking27.

Thank you for joining the thread. 

We understand that you're experiencing the same issue, and we'd recommend trying the following suggestions to resolve the issue: 

If the problem continues to persist, then please reach out to our live support team via the Shopify Help Center and we'd be happy to take a closer look at your account.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify