Why did my product images vanish after purchasing a new theme?

Jenny30
Visitor
1 0 2

HELP! I was working on a theme in trial mode.  It was working great and I purchased it so I could continue building the store with all options.  Once I purchased  it and published it to work on, the product images disappeared and My drop down menu wont work.  It was all working in the trial mode.  Everything is still linked correctly on the admin pages, but won't show on the main pages.  I can even hover over where the images are supposed to be and the link is there to click on.  So why did the actual images disappear? I didn't think anything would change once I actually purchased the theme! Please help me! This is all new, I am learning as I go.  Thank You! 

Jenny

Replies 2 (2)

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2093 148 247

Hi, @Jenny30.

Welcome to the Shopify community and thank you for sharing your question.

To get a better grasp of the issue, could you share the following information:

• Your store URL
  • What theme you're using
  • Have you recently installed any new apps
  • Any changes made to your theme code

In the meantime, I'd like to share some troubleshooting steps you can try to see if the images display on your storefront and other pages of your website.

Troubleshooting Methods:

• Could you try previewing your store in a fresh Shopify theme? This can help us determine if the images will display on a fresh unedited theme and if the issue is directly affecting the theme you have published. Check out the steps in our: adding, previewing and buying themes resource
  • In your published theme, could you try rolling back the theme code to an older datestamp if possible? I recommend following the steps in our editing theme code resource to assist you with this. 

Lastly, I'd like to share our New to Shopify Checklist to assist you in the building process. Our checklist will ensure you have important sections of your store set up and prepare you for when you're ready to launch.

I look forward to your response! 

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

donSells
Visitor
1 0 0

I just had a friend tell me that all the custom pictures I made were gone on my store. She was right all that work I did is gone and my store is a mess right now and I have big ads running as well. IDK what to do???