Why does my collection page display error 404 and how can I resolve it?

ERWIN123
Visitor
2 0 1

ERWIN123_0-1667873023596.png

Why my shopify collection show error 404 , and show message "The link you clicked may be broken or the page may have been removed.
visit the Homepage or Contact us about the problem "

how to fix it 

Replies 3 (3)

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 537

Hello @ERWIN123,

This is flareAI: your Fully Automated Free Sales Machine. I hope you're having a good day. We are helping Shopify Merchants grow their store presence in Google and other major sales channels and generate $5+ million in sales from Google Search, on autopilot.

If my suggestions is helpful to you, please let me know by giving a like or marking it as a solution.

Your store is password protected. Please provide the password or screenshot of the page.

This error means the page has been removed and no longer exists.

You can fix this issue by adding a redirection for the missing URL.

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Navigation.
2. Click URL Redirects
3. Click on Add URL redirect
4. In Redirect from, enter the old URL you want to redirect visitors from. Note: Only broken URLs should be redirected.
In Redirect to, enter the new URL that you want to redirect visitors to. If you want to redirect to your store's home page, then enter /.
The new URL can be either a relative URL (for example, /collection/bags) if you want to redirect traffic within your primary domain or a full URL (for example, http://www.example.com/collection/bags) if you want to redirect outside your primary domain
5. Click Add.

Now go to the old collection URL and see whether it is getting redirected to the new URL.

If you found the answer helpful consider supporting the Shopify Community by giving it a Like + Accept the solution.

Gina
flareAI

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing
ERWIN123
Visitor
2 0 1

Hallo FlareAI,

thank you for answer

I've tried to change the URL old with the new url but it still leads to page 404

ERWIN123_0-1667921764479.png

1.png

My theme has a card to display product categories and I added my collection of products to this category card.

ERWIN123_2-1667924323633.png

ERWIN123_3-1667924459679.png

is there any other solution?

AnhTien
Tourist
19 0 0

Have you solved it yet?