Why is there a discrepancy in my analytics data on Shopify?

HakanS
Shopify Partner
11 0 2

In last two days there are huge differences between Shopify analytics and the reality. I was thinking Shopify Analytics is the most reliable point that I can trust. However, there are huge mistakes in some of our Shopify store. For example;

8/4/2021

Sessions: 1,797

Orders: 21

Conversion Rate: 1.11%

Facebook Ads Traffic: 1,687

Google Ads Traffic: 132

8/5/2021

Sessions: 119

Orders: 32

Conversion Rate: 25.21%

Facebook Ads Traffic: 2,091

Google Ads Traffic: 87

What do you think about the issue? Is this normal?

Replies 6 (6)

HakanS
Shopify Partner
11 0 2

The worst part about the issue, Shopify support sent me this reply:

So having looked further between the two reports, this difference in numbers is happening because Shopify runs on a last click attribution model. 

In this case, one of us has no brain or Shopify support is making fun of me.

Shay
Shopify Staff
2968 460 608

Hi @HakanS 

Thank you for sharing your analytics report with us here to review. I understand that you are quite worried about the discrepancy between the amount of site traffic vs conversion across the past 2 days. 

I know that yesterday we had reports of delayed analytics in the store admin and that could have caused those analytics you were reviewing to be out of sync with the days reports. When this happens, the reports can take up to 48 hours to showcase the most accurate information. While I am out of office for the weekend, I would love to see what those two days numbers look like over the next day or two, if they update to something more reasonable then we know it was most likely caused by the analytics delay. If they do not update, we would need to look into things like abandoned cart, your store's live view, etc, to see where the discrepancy is being created. 

I also appreciate your feedback about the support you received through our live support. Most likely that was information that was provided to them by our technical team and I want to assure you that no insult or offense was meant by it. I'm happy to check in with you through the Forums here on Monday, if you are able to update the thread here with the analytic information from your store for the same days. 

Thank you,

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

HakanS
Shopify Partner
11 0 2

Previous Days are the Same and Here is an Updated Data

8/4/2021

Sessions: 1,797

Orders: 21

Conversion Rate: 1.11%

Facebook Ads Traffic: 1,687

Google Ads Traffic: 132

8/5/2021

Sessions: 119

Orders: 32

Conversion Rate: 25.21%

Facebook Ads Traffic: 2,091

Google Ads Traffic: 87

8/6/2021

Sessions: 111

Orders: 36

Conversion Rate: 29.73%

Facebook Ads Traffic: 1,335

Google Ads Traffic: 74

HakanS
Shopify Partner
11 0 2

All data is same and still no help from Shopify. Updated data:

8/7/2021

Sessions: 109

Orders: 39

Conversion Rate: 33.03%

Facebook Ads Traffic: 2,123

Google Ads Traffic: 84

HakanS
Shopify Partner
11 0 2

Hello community and Shopify Support Team, 

I am again here to give you some update. Nothing changed about the previous data. Shopify Support Team is still sleeping and pretending to be dead for my support ticket and these posts.

These posts are like the answer the question: "How Shopify Support works?". I am waiting for a help for days. If you're considering using Shopify, I recommend praying that you don't need Shopify Support.

Here is the new update:

8/8/2021

Sessions: 146

Orders: 48

Conversion Rate: 28.77%

Facebook Ads Traffic: 2,539

Google Ads Traffic: 135

Shay
Shopify Staff
2968 460 608

Hi @HakanS 

Thank you for providing those follow up analytics. I understand that you are still seeing the daily traffic and conversion details out of sync. I apologize that it took me so long to get back to you. I had a family emergency and unfortunately was not able to follow up last week. 

Do you have any other analytical data from outside sources like Google or Facebook to compare your data to? At this stage if you truly feel that the data you are seeing is incorrect we will need to escalate this to our technical merchant support team. The more evidence you can provide that this situation is as you believe it to be the better and faster our team can track down the possible issue. At the moment, I have not seen other reports of this issue so it seems to be isolated and not widespread. 

I would recommend emailing our support team and providing any applicable screenshots or analytical data you have to support your reasoning and ask for it to be escalated to technical support for further investigation. 

Thank you, 

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog