Why isn't my domain name updating on my new boutique store?

amazezones
Explorer
82 0 13

Hello 

I have created a new store with name door way boutique and I got a below myshopify domain assigned to me

b3eba4.myshopify.com

Later on I changed this to a new name by pressing “change to new myshopify.com domain” to 

doorwayboutique.myshopify.com but still the first domain is reflecting. 

this is first change I made to domain.

cloud any one help 
Replies 3 (3)

amazezones
Explorer
82 0 13

Even after changing .myshopify.com to a new name still the old one is reflecting … please see attached  image 

amazezones
Explorer
82 0 13

IMG_0008.jpeg

IMG_0009.jpeg

Blair
Shopify Staff
1855 253 223

Hi @amazezones,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with this request, to ensure this gets resolved.

To gather a bit more information, are you still experiencing this error? It seems that I was not able to replicate the issue outlined above. When heading over to your site, I am presented with the domain 'doorwayboutique.com'. 

To share some insight however, updating your .myshopify.com URL simply changes what your customers will see when visiting your online storefront. The original .myshopify.com URL (i.e b3eba4.myshopify.com) will continue to be used when accessing support, signing into your shop, and being displayed within your Shopify admin. 

As I can completely understand how that may not be ideal, I have gone ahead and passed along this feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve the platform and appreciate this feedback. To learn more about this, you can check out our Changing Your .myshopify.com Domain document. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog