Why won't my edited pictures save consistently?

Phil_-
Visitor
3 0 1

Hi

I'm trying to edit some pictures to add a number next to them and about 50% of the time it works fine but with a lot of them I click APPLY and then SAVE and it doesn't update the image, I have to try several times before it works.

Is this an issue that everyone is experiencing?

Thanks

Replies 3 (3)

Max
Shopify Staff (Retired)
583 19 93

Hi, Phil. 

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

Are you using the image editor within the Shopify admin to edit the photos you're using? If so, then there are a few things I'd suggest addressing.

1. Check the device you're using is up to date
  2. Check the browser you are using is robust (Google Chrome is a good option, whereas Internet Explorer is likely a bit outdated)
  3. Clear the cache of your browser and try editing again

The steps on how to add text to an image are listed here. I'd suggest reviewing these details just to be sure you're using the same technique. Sometimes, once the change has been applied and saved, you'll then need to wait a few seconds for the image to update and load. Keep that in mind if you are eagerly reloading the page!

If you are still having issues, please let us know! Feel free to contact support directly, if you need some more immediate attention. 

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Hungbydanny
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello i am having the same issue on the Shopify app. Every time i edit a photo on the app and try to save it, it never saves and reverts to the original photo. Please help. 

Dolbydrums
Visitor
2 0 1

OP referring to the app not the browser. I have same problem on app. There’s no save button and when it appears to be correct it reverts back to old photos