Wix to Shopify Domain Transfer Problem

Pradarsh
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi, 

I used to have a website on Wix and I had purchased my domain name from Godaddy. In an attempt to connect my domain to Shopify, I removed my domain name from Wix and then used Shopify's connect automatically option to connect my Godaddy domain name to my Shopify website. The domain settings on my Shopify dashboard show that the domain is successfully connected, however, the URL is not pointing to my website, rather it points to a Wix Error Page. 

Pradarsh_0-1596196138081.png

I would love to get any/all help on this issue as soon as possible. Thanking the Shopify community in advance! 

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 94 240

Hi @Pradarsh,

Thank you for reaching out and for detailing the steps you've taken pointing your domain to Shopify. It sounds like you have done everything correctly, as when you connect a GoDaddy domain to Shopify you can choose to automatically configure your domain's DNS settings so that they point to Shopify. My guess is that the domain has been connected correctly, but your browser hasn't updated and your cache is leading to the domain appearing as if it is pointing towards Wix still. If you try accessing the store in another browser or in a private/ Incognito window, does it show as pointing towards Shopify or Wix?

If it's still showing as pointing towards your Wix site, I'd recommend logging into your GoDaddy dashboard and checking your domain's DNS settings. You want to make sure that the A record has a value of 23.227.38.65 and the CNAME record has a value of shops.myshopify.com.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Pradarsh
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Victor, 

Thank you so much for replying to my question. This problem is weirder than it seems. I asked a few people to open the URL, and it works fine for some and leads a few to the Wix Error page. I have tried reloading the page in a private window, and have found no success. I have even tried deleting my cache and cookie data.

As far as GoDaddy is concerned, my A record is set to 23.227.38.32 and I have 3 CNAMEs present in the DNS Settings each having a different value; one of them being pradarsh-by-pranav-creations.myshopify.com . Given that it works fine for a few, should I be changing my DNS settings at all? 

I would love further guidance on how to proceed. Thank you so much for helping out.

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 94 240

Hi @Pradarsh,

Thank you for clarifying that. Are you happy to share the domain here so I can take a look? Did you also make this change to the domain in the last few hours?

Kind regards,

Pradarsh
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi, 

Thanks for the quick response. The new domain name is www.pradarsh.com 
I made the domain name change around 6 hours ago.

Thanks,
Team Pradarsh

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 94 240

Hi @Pradarsh,

No problem at all. When I go to the domain it links to Shopify:

20-07-fs0w6-qtpz3

This indicates that the DNS settings are configured correctly as the domain would not link to Shopify if they were not. It's most likely the case that the domain settings are still updating, as this can take up to 24-48 hours. You should see it link only to Shopify and not Wix in the coming hours. If the problem still persists after the weekend, let us know and we can take a closer look.

Kind regards,

Pradarsh
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Victor, 

Thank you so much for helping out. I will reply here if the domain does not link up within a day or two. Really appreciate your help. 

Thanks, 
Team Pradarsh

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 94 240

Hi @Pradarsh,

My pleasure, I'm glad I could help. Let me know if the error persists but my prediction is that everything will be working shortly. If you're still seeing it on your end by the weekend, you can try clearing your browser's cache and resetting your router if you're still seeing it when accessing the site via WiFi. It should update on its own in time though.

Kind regards,

0 Likes