Solved

FLOW : POS Source and Location, Orders Tagging

Trillium
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi There - We have a single store with multiple locations where we have enabled pickup and I'm hoping to automatically tag orders via Flow to help sort out our daily reporting. I'm having trouble finding  in flow to report on an order source (ie. either pos or web) and then the associated POS location name (in this case "Fenway"). I can find both as labels on an export from the orders tab but cannot seem to find in Flow as an option... Help greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solution (1)

paul_n
Shopify Staff
850 122 205

This is an accepted solution.

You can access whether an order was created through POS in Flow by checking the Sales Channel. Flow uses the GraphQL Admin API, and there the channel is `order.publication.name`. Because POS can also be a location, you can access it via order.physicalLocation, as you note. Rather than checking for a null value, you might just check that order.physicalLocation.name == name of the POS location you use. 

FYI, there is a new version of Flow coming out in the next 1-2 weeks that will greatly improve the experience for using these variables in Flow, and also will give access to many more fields that we previously did not have. 

Paul_N | Flow Product Manager @ Shopify
- Finding Flow useful? Leave us a review
- Need Flow help? Check out our help docs.
- Building for Flow? Check out Flow's dev docs.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Fabien_Sebban
Shopify Partner
38 0 11

Hi  Trillium,

Did you find a way to track the source (web or POS) using Shopify Flow?

I am having the same problem here.

In your case, you use the Order physical location legacy resource id field to determine in which location the order was placed.

The problem is that this value is not field when orders come from the web (N/A) and you cannot make a Flow with the following condition :

if Order physical location legacy resource id is equal to "N/A".

Fabien_Sebban
Shopify Partner
38 0 11

Hi!

I am having the same problem. Did anyone found the solution?

Thanks 🙂

S_Jones_UW
Shopify Expert
42 0 9

Hi @Fabien_Sebban ,

it may not be what you want to hear, but if you do get stuck trying to find this in Flow, our Order Tagger app (https://apps.shopify.com/ordertagger) has a criteria that can tag orders based on the POS location used for the transaction:

S_Jones_UW_0-1632307400317.png

We also have a criteria that can tag orders based on the sales channel used, e.g. Online Store, POS, phone (draft), Buy Button etc.

S_Jones_UW_1-1632307508696.png

Order and Customer Tagger apps for Shopify

paul_n
Shopify Staff
850 122 205

This is an accepted solution.

You can access whether an order was created through POS in Flow by checking the Sales Channel. Flow uses the GraphQL Admin API, and there the channel is `order.publication.name`. Because POS can also be a location, you can access it via order.physicalLocation, as you note. Rather than checking for a null value, you might just check that order.physicalLocation.name == name of the POS location you use. 

FYI, there is a new version of Flow coming out in the next 1-2 weeks that will greatly improve the experience for using these variables in Flow, and also will give access to many more fields that we previously did not have. 

Paul_N | Flow Product Manager @ Shopify
- Finding Flow useful? Leave us a review
- Need Flow help? Check out our help docs.
- Building for Flow? Check out Flow's dev docs.
Fabien_Sebban
Shopify Partner
38 0 11

Thank you guys for your responses.

@paul_n your solution works great! Can't wait to see Shopify Flow's updates.