How can I automate reporting using Flows for order details?

lepetitlunetier
Visitor
2 0 3

Hi All,

Hope you're doing fine. I really think Flow are powerful if we can automate some reporting with it. For instance, logging every order with product details, refund date, etc etc

You can always run various reports from the reporting tab, but in my opinion, the most complete info is when you export orders directly from the order tab, and built automated reporting out of it.

So:

I'm working on a flow to export all orders with product details (one row per line item, etc etc) in a spreadsheet. This would really help us automate most reportings we do by exporting various reports every now and then.

Ask:

Has anyone created a Flow that export to spreadsheet, with one line per line item, all its orders ?

I was working on it and for loop examples show it can be done, however I don't have technical background, so for all orders with >= 2 products, it's not working 🙂

My current flow export this variables in a GS:

{{order.createdAt}},

{{order.name}},

{{order.email}},

{{order.publication.name}},

{% for a in order.lineItems %}{{a.name}}

{% endfor %},{% for a in order.lineItems %}{{a.quantity}}{% endfor %},

{{order.shippingAddress.country}},

{{order.totalPriceSet.shopMoney.amount}}

This basically export name, email, channel sale, product items, country, etc, etc

Some variables are very easy to add, regarding product line items, I'm stuck 🙂

Hope it's clear !Thanks !

Replies 3 (3)

jpbertram
Explorer
40 0 80

Hey @lepetitlunetier!

Parabola is a new app that just launched in the Shopify app store. Custom reporting has been one of our customers' favorite use cases for using our Shopify Import step. Looks like you're trying to export order line items, regardless of quantity per order. Check it out in Parabola:

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 2.46.11 PM.png

Hopefully, this would solve your problem. Also, are you looking to automate these exports?

lepetitlunetier
Visitor
2 0 3

thanks, i'll check it out

just to be clear: it"s just custom reporting, but not using shopify flow ?

jpbertram
Explorer
40 0 80

Hey @lepetitlunetier,

That's correct! Parabola is a Shopify app, different from Shopify Flow, that allows you to create custom reports with data from across your business; specifically in this case: Order Line Items from Shopify. If you're looking for any additional help, definitely check out our community (community.parabola.io) or let me know here!