What can Shopify Flow do for automating your business tasks?

AnthonyKentris
Shopify Staff
33 15 15

Welcome to the Shopify Flow discussion board! Use this forum to ask questions about building automated workflows and discuss, share, and download workflows built by merchants and partners.

A couple of important rules for using this Flow forum:

• As always, be respectful. We all want the best for merchants so always assume positive intent. 
  • Partners - keep your posts on topic. If you reply,  you are helping a merchants solve a problem in the content of Flow. Links to apps will be immediately removed.

Some resources to get you started with Flow:

1. Visit the Templates library once you've installed Flow. Templates are sample workflows you can use right away, or customize for your store. We've turned the most popular workflows into a library of templates organized by areas of your business.
  2. Want to learn how to use Flow? Visit Flow in the Shopify Help Center to watch a tutorial video and read documentation.
  3. Flow can automate tasks within your store and across your apps. Check out the list the full list of apps that work with Flow. If you have one of these apps installed, their custom triggers and actions will appear in Flow.

Happy automating! 😊

Anthony // Product Marketing Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - Learn about Shopify Plus

Replies 6 (6)

Jessica86w
Visitor
3 0 0
Hi!
I just had the first call with a Shopify plus expert, and the demo is tomorrow. We’re extremely interested in it- am I able to view the available/possible workflows before signing up? Or only once we buy?
Shopify expert listed a few suggestions, like bad review, low stock, high revenue orders etc. but said there were 100s if possibilities and obviously couldn’t list them all- thanks!
Jessica@svahausa.com
AnthonyKentris
Shopify Staff
33 15 15

Hi @Jessica86w.,

Great question! Yes, there are some ways you can see how Flow works, and how it can automate your business, without being on Shopify Plus yet. We have a really great demo video that walks you through how it works. It reviews how to use workflow templates, and how to create a custom workflow. We also have a workflow examples page in our Help Center that lists some more examples.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Jessica86w
Visitor
3 0 0
Thanks! We signed up for shopify plus- eek!
But exciting!

I have so many links bookmarked to go through tomorrow (and just installed
flow, script editor, and launch pad but haven’t configured anything yet).

Aside from coding things
(I think we’re going to hire shopify plus expert to at least get
cart/checkout customized first),

Is there anything you suggest I should start with first?

It seems a bit overwhelming at the moment!

I know I want to look into setting up wholesale store,
and start prepping for the holidays

(discount types? Creative promos and discounts available maybe- More
options with plus? etc.)

And totally dreading the tagging of customers and products for flow and
checkout coding 🙂

Any pointers on first things that 100% should get done, please let me know -
thanks SO much for your help!
AnthonyKentris
Shopify Staff
33 15 15

Hi @Jessica86w,

Welcome to Shopify Plus! It looks like you have a really great start, but I'd recommend you reach out to the Shopify Plus support team (the easiest way is through the live chat in your admin) and they can guide you through exactly what to get started on that will make the biggest impact on your business. It's tough for me to assess the best things to do as I don't know your business as intimately as our support team will become in the coming months.

As for Flow specifically, the great thing is you don't actually need to do that tagging of customers and products manually, that's what you have Flow for! I'd recommend going to the "Templates" tab as your first step in automating your business, and from there you'll see categories of your business where Flow can help you save time. Good luck!

Jessica86w
Visitor
3 0 0
Ah awesome thanks!
One last question, sorry!! Do you know off hand who “logistics team” is?

I’m going through templates and doing a workflow for letting us know about
when expedited orders come in ,
and template says “email logistics team” - can I customize the email
address to the person who fulfills orders?

I also need the “notify my when stock gets lower than (100) to go to the
owner - customizable?
AnthonyKentris
Shopify Staff
33 15 15

Hi @Jessica86w,

"Logistics team" in that template is really just a placeholder—you can definitely edit the email that it goes to and it can be as simple as the person that packs up your orders, or even you if that's a task you usually do in your business!

When you create a workflow from a template, you're taken to the workflow detail where you can hit "Edit workflow" on the top right. That's where you'll be able to edit the email to whatever email you'd like.

Same for the low inventory notification workflow. You can edit the workflow to be triggered at whatever low inventory number is best for your business 😊

I'd recommend you check out the Shopify Flow tutorial video here that walks you through exactly how to use templates. Happy automating!