Add a custom map on checkout page and get the cart details and pass them through a custom API

erdeveloper
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi,

I am new in shopify development, i have a task from the client in which i need to add a google map into checkout page.

When a user select specific area from the google map then i have to pass longitude and latitude of selected coordinates from the map to a custom API and customer cart items and each item pricing into the custom API too and then the custom API will give the success response in return.

I need to know that is the above customization is possible in shopify store? if yes then i need a guide how do i this? currently i have a shopify standard plan.

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Replies 5 (5)

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1565

Hii @erdeveloper,

Welcome to Shopify Community,

I think you need a geolocation API for the checkout page
you can check here .
I hope it's helpful for you.
Thank you.

erdeveloper
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi @Zworthkey thank you for the reply.

Can you please let me know about the custom API too for the cart item details which needs to be send though the API ? is it possible ?

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1565

Okh Check out this link it will help you.

Thank You

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

This is an advanced customization, if you need consulting contact me by PM or email in my forum signature to setup a consult or discovery.

Unless the store is on a Shopify Plus enterprise plan you cannot modify the checkout.liquid

Further the "Shopify Scripts" forum is for Plus merchants checkouts which is a DSL for doing operations on a customers checkout objects, checkout scripts are not for HTML UI development work or communicating with third party apis.

The process as described is flawed, either it needs to occur in the /cart step through a theme customization, or post-checkout either on the order confirmation page(aka thank you page) or through the shopify APIs.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/status-tracking/customize-order-status 

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

davidbg
Shopify Partner
31 1 0

Hi @erdeveloper , with your current shopify plan you won't have access to edit that in the Checkout page, however, you could place the google maps somewhere else on your site and building a customer journey that requires the user to pin drop their delivery locations on the map. I recommend the cart page, as it is commonly the prior step to checkout. You also do not need a custom solution for this because there are apps that let you do this and save the Latitude and Longitude coordinates in your order details, you could try Wayfinder.
Hope this was helpful to anyone else looking for this feature 🙂