Adding free value to gift cards through cart script?

mstack
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

We want to run a promotion with gift cards in which you buy a certain variant, and get additional value added for free. So for example, if a customer buys a $25 gift card, we want to add an additional $5 for free onto the card's balance but have the card still cost $25. Is this possible through a cart script with the script editor? Or is there a better method to do this?

I have tried the methods of creating a clone of the gift card product and adding variants with the added value but reducing the cost of the variant and I have tried reducing the cost of the variants by checking the variant ID in the script editor. Both of those methods work okay but they seem hacky and I'm wondering if there is a better way to do this.

Thank you

Reply 1 (1)

Neomi_av
Shopify Partner
197 2 17

Hi @mstack, I'm Neomi from Rise.ai app and we have a solution for you!

Using our app you can create any workflow you have in mind including Gift Card BOGO - buy a gift card for your friend/mom/boyfriend and get a cashback of 20% amount of what you paid for yourself for the next purchase.

Using our app you can customize your gift cards as you like. In addition, you can send it directly to the recipient with a personal note directly from the checkout page and schedule it for the perfect moment.

Feel free to contact me at info@rise-ai.com for any questions