How can I hide prices for sold out items in one collection only?

Mel34
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi, I want to hide the price for sold out items but only in one of my collections. I'm not sure if the code that has been given for similar questions will apply to all collections. Can someone assist please?

Thanks in advance - Mel

Replies 8 (8)

DelightCart
Shopify Partner
1238 82 157

@Mel34 Please send me store url.

Delight Cart - It's time to turn your visitors into loyal shoppers! 

Delight Loyalty - Increase repeat sales quickly and build lifelong customers loyalty.

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4226 957 1603

I’m Richard Nguyen - CRO Expert at PageFly, I’d like to suggest this idea:

You can hide all of your product prices and reveal them again in the future by editing your currency formats.

note : This customization is for vintage Shopify themes, and doesn't apply to Online Store 2.0 themes.

You can learn more in this article

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/themes-by-shopify/vintage-themes/customizing-...

Hope you find my answer helpful!

Regards,

Richard-pagefly

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Mel34
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks but that would change it for the whole store and I just want it for one collection.

paulnguyen
Shopify Partner
45 0 3

Hi @Mel34 You can check this one. It can hide prices based on product tags, and also hide the specific prices on certain products. 

The dev team can customize the collection hide price for you.

Mel34
Tourist
5 0 1

That looks like a good app but I don't want it to say request a quote or people will think they're still for sale.

Stephen_Baker
Shopify Partner
7 1 4

If you only want it to apply to one of your collections, you can create an alternate collection template.  Apply the code you found to that new template, and then switch your collection over to that template.

Mel34
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks, I'll look into how to do that.

gr_trading
Shopify Partner
1688 141 174

Hi @Mel34 ,

To achieve the required result First you have to create a matefield for collection. We will check if value exist in metafield feature will work for it.

Don't know about your theme, but in DAWN theme open file main-collection-product-grid.liquid and add below check on li

<li class="grid__item {% if collection.metafields.custom.subheading != null %} notavailable {% endif %}">

hari1_prasad_0-1667924372711.png

Now open css file base.css and add below css at very end of file

.notavailable .price--sold-out{display:none}

hari1_prasad_1-1667924593397.png

For any custom development WhatsApp or connect at Email ID: gr.trading15@gmail.com for quick consultation. | Shopify Free codes
To support Buy Me a Coffee