Solved

How can I manage product variants with limited quantity?

jjensen1
Visitor
2 0 0

I need to add some product where I only have a specific amount of the item but has variants.

So for example, I have 5 screen print images and the customer can pick from size, color and style. I know I can a variant for each item but I do not have a specific qty for each variant. So, 5 customers can purchase the image on either a tshirt, sweatshirt, etc in a specific color and style. Is my only option to have them choose that in a note? How would the c

Accepted Solution (1)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

This is an accepted solution.

Do you mean you have limited inventory to make these products so you can only sell a total amount.

But want customers to select different applications of that inventory.

If so that is inventory sync and there are plenty of apps on the app store to facilitate that process.

If not you need to reread your description and take time being clearer with what the goal is.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

This is an accepted solution.

Do you mean you have limited inventory to make these products so you can only sell a total amount.

But want customers to select different applications of that inventory.

If so that is inventory sync and there are plenty of apps on the app store to facilitate that process.

If not you need to reread your description and take time being clearer with what the goal is.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

jjensen1
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you Paul. I will look for app. Do you have a name of one to give me an idea. I am new to this and have only been open a couple weeks

Lisa1223
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi there! Which app did you end up going with? I am looking to do the same thing.