increase the minimal slide show image to full sreen

Kenykit
Tourist
9 0 7

Hi, I was wondering if I can be able to increase the minimal theme slide show image to full screen without the text changing with it. so, basically, just the minimal slide show image to be full screen and everything else stay the same

Replies 4 (4)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hi, @Kenykit.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

There is an option to enable wide layout for the Minimal theme, which would allow the Slideshow to reach full-screen (based on the width of the display or window). When using the wide layout, the text or font sizes are not affected. The setting to enable wide layout can be accessed through the Storefront editor, located in the Layout section of your theme settings

Here's a short video on where to find this settings (using the Minimal theme from my test store):

20-34-pdf5j-36je1

Let me know if this is what you're looking for?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Mikel_fern
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello, 

Looking for a solution for full width slideshow for the theme supply and found this topic.

Is there a way to make full width for the Supply Theme?

Thank you.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hello, @Mikel_fern.

Thank you for joining the thread and posting this question.

The Supply theme doesn't have an option for full-width or edge-to-edge slideshow. However, it is possible to customize your Supply theme to achieve this. While this level of customization isn't supported by the Shopify Design Policy, you can consider hiring a developer if you're not comfortable working with coding languages (eg. HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Liquid). On that note, if you need help finding a developer for your store, then we'd recommend taking a look at our directory of certified developers on Shopify Experts

That being said, another option is to consider trying out one of our newer themes as you will also take advantage of newer features, such as Online Store 2.0 and/or the ability to update themes. Themes, like the Dawn, Refresh, or Crave, come included with the option for full-width and/or edge-to-edge slideshow. 

I'd love to hear more about your business! What kinds of products are you selling? Did you get a chance to try any of the themes listed above? 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Mikel_fern
Tourist
8 0 1

i like this theme, and appreciated that was some way to accomplish my issue,

Thank you for the support anyway.