line_item.change_line_price shows as discount in Shopify Analytics Reports

AddisonApps
Shopify Expert
56 6 14

I have a script running with a statement that looks like this:

line_item.change_line_price(Money.zero, message: line_item.properties['property'])

It is functioning correctly, however, in the admin analytics the change in price is being shown as a discount and the gross sales is reflecting the total before this price change.

My client does not view this script as a discount on their product and would like the gross sales to reflect the total the user paid for the line items.

I am aware that the "Net sales" column reflects the correct total, however, this hurts their ability to accurately measure real discounts on items (discount codes) and use the gross sales column.

Is it possible to change the price of a line item with the script editor and not report it as a discount?

Replies 3 (3)

Pan-1977
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello, I wanted to ask an update about this. Were you able to solve this? and if so what did you do? Currently on the same situation right now 😞 Thanks!

AddisonApps
Shopify Expert
56 6 14

Unfortunately no, I reached out to support (Shopify Plus MSM) about this in 2021 and they stated that there is no way to adjust this with Shopify Scripts.

Pan-1977
Visitor
2 0 1

Got it, thank you so much!