Solved

What causes a liquid error in Shopify product templates?

Lyn55
Visitor
2 0 0

hi,

I am a newbie here, who requires some help. I was trying to add the review code snippet, likely I deleted or messed up the coding.

I've spent hours trying to find a possible solution to correct my error, but I have gotten nowhere with this.

I can't rollback to an older version of the product-template.liquid, because I don't have one saved.

Once I click on a product it shows me "Liquid error sections/product-template.liquid line 1)Could not find asset snippets/product-template

Thank you

Capture.PNG 

Accepted Solution (1)

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there @Lyn55!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here in the Shopify Community.

If you can share a link to your store here and a bit more info on what you're working with, we can see how you can best get support with this.

In addition to the store link, if you could confirm the name of the theme you're working with and what review code (is this for an app, and if so, which one?) you're trying to add we can see how we can proceed with this.

It sounds like you're still getting set up with your store here, is that the case or have you been selling for a while already?

We can take a look at this together, in any case, to determine what your next steps could be.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there @Lyn55!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here in the Shopify Community.

If you can share a link to your store here and a bit more info on what you're working with, we can see how you can best get support with this.

In addition to the store link, if you could confirm the name of the theme you're working with and what review code (is this for an app, and if so, which one?) you're trying to add we can see how we can proceed with this.

It sounds like you're still getting set up with your store here, is that the case or have you been selling for a while already?

We can take a look at this together, in any case, to determine what your next steps could be.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,

Don

Lyn55
Visitor
2 0 0

store link newstyleoficial 

Password lohrau

Theme Galleria

I am just setting up the store, I have not launched it yet.

I tried adding, from products review which I removed due to incorrect placement. Now the product won't load

<div id="shopify-product-reviews" data-id="{{product.id}}">{{ product.metafields.spr.reviews }}</div>

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi again @Lyn55!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for that extra info and context here, that's great!

As you're using the Shopify Product Reviews app, even though this is a third-party (non-Shopify) theme our Themes team would like to take a look at installing this code for you.

If you're on a paid plan here you would have access to some design support as part of your paid plan.

Generally speaking, this applies towards Shopify themes themselves but in the case of adding a Shopify app to a third-party theme, we can still try to help out with this.

Bear in mind that we may not be able to put this in place if the code of the theme in question prevents it, but we will do everything we can to do so.

I'll be sending an email out shortly to the address we have on file for you here, if you can reply to that email from the address you use to log into Shopify we can verify your identity and proceed securely.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

swtcherryluv
Visitor
3 0 0

hello shopify, i am having the same problem. i was trying to install the reviews app and somehow deleted something and now the pics and most of my home page is gone. please help

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi there @swtcherryluv!

Don from Shopify once again.

If you'd like to revert your theme's code to an earlier version before you made these changes you can learn how to roll a theme file back to an earlier version here.

You'll be able to see earlier saved versions of any '.liquid' files you've edited within this theme that you can change back to in order to undo any edits you've made.

We can take a look to see if we can have our Themes team internally help out with installing the Product Reviews app for you, if you can reach out via our help centre for support, we'll be able to check this out with you in more depth to see what we might be able to do for you. 

Would you still be working on setting up your store here, or have you started selling already?

Do you know what else you need to work on for your store next?

Regards,

Don

swtcherryluv
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Don, thanks for reaching out. I am still setting my store up and have not started selling. I was in the process of adding the reviews app and putting the finishing touches on it. 

swtcherryluv
Visitor
3 0 0

I went to the Shopify help center and they are helping me. Thanks Don