Solved

Can deleting empty coding sections improve site speed?

ZFF-RolfS
Tourist
6 0 1

I am trying to improve our site speed and have noticed that some tabs under Assets are blank and some other sections under "Edit Code" for the Theme. I have duplicated the current version so that any changes can be reversed, but I wanted to know if deleting these 'empty coding sections' (like in the screenshot below) would disrupt anything else that deals with the coding format. 

Screenshot (79).png

-Sarah
Accepted Solution (1)

Sheesh_b
Shopify Partner
506 112 115

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ZFF-RolfS 

Removing spaces will affect negligible on speed. The screenshot that you shared above, and the lank space is not correct as you can see that is a PNG image in asset folder.

If you still want to remove the spaces in files, then do in only .liquid, .css, and .js.

To increase the website speed, you can do some common changes like compress the images, defer loading the JS files, lazy load images etc.

Thanks

We're here to simplify website creation for those looking to establish a strong online presence. Book a meeting slot if you want to discuss. It's FREE. BOOK NOW | Try Shopify for $1 for 3 Months: Shopify Trial | Shopify Web Store Developer |
LIKE or mark as ACCEPTED SOLUTION

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Sheesh_b
Shopify Partner
506 112 115

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ZFF-RolfS 

Removing spaces will affect negligible on speed. The screenshot that you shared above, and the lank space is not correct as you can see that is a PNG image in asset folder.

If you still want to remove the spaces in files, then do in only .liquid, .css, and .js.

To increase the website speed, you can do some common changes like compress the images, defer loading the JS files, lazy load images etc.

Thanks

We're here to simplify website creation for those looking to establish a strong online presence. Book a meeting slot if you want to discuss. It's FREE. BOOK NOW | Try Shopify for $1 for 3 Months: Shopify Trial | Shopify Web Store Developer |
LIKE or mark as ACCEPTED SOLUTION