Solved

How can I improve mobile speed for my Dawn optimized website?

ManuBC
Excursionist
24 1 6

Hi everyone, 

I checked my speed test, and the result is bad on mobile.

Do you have the easy recommandation to do ? My images are low, I tried to use few app...

Here is le link -> https://pagespeed.web.dev/analysis/https-www-barreclandestine-com/t7wex74s1k?form_factor=mobile

Many Thanks !

Manu

Accepted Solution (1)
oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15843 2371 3073

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @ManuBC

Certainly! It's alright, I understand. It's a highly technical job.

Upon revisiting your site, I've identified numerous  Largest Content Paint issues. Specifically, when we focus on the mobile version of the product page, both Total Blocking Time and  Largest Content Paint problems arise. Addressing these  Largest Content Paint issues requires significant technical expertise, as it entails implementing conditions for both the home page and product page.
Here are Some Tips To :
1. Remove Unnecessary Code: Unnecessary code in a Shopify template can include unused styles, scripts, or theme settings that are not contributing to the functionality or design of the site. This can be identified through a code review, and elements that are not actively used can be safely removed to improve loading times.
2. Reduce Web Page Size: To reduce the length of web pages, consider the following:
Compress and optimize images to reduce their file sizes.Implement lazy loading for images so that they load only when they come into the user's view port.Minimize the use of unnecessary elements and content on the page.
3.Reduce JavaScript Execution Time:
Tips for optimizing JavaScript execution time:
1.Minimize the use of large, synchronous JavaScript files.
2.Implement asynchronous loading for non-essential scripts.
3.Utilize browser caching to store JavaScript files locally on the user's device.

4.Minimize Main-Thread Work:

The main thread is responsible for rendering web pages. Minimizing main-thread work involves optimizing how resources are loaded and processed. Tips include:
Optimize and defer non-essential scripts.
Optimize CSS delivery to avoid render-blocking.
Prioritize critical rendering path elements.

5.Beware of Excessive Liquid Loops: {Related to Largest Content Paint issues Query}

Liquid loops in Shopify template language can impact performance. While you may not have modified the Liquid code directly, it's essential to review any customization's or apps that may introduce liquid loops. Check for loops that iterate over a large number of items unnecessarily.

6.To check for excessive liquid loops, you can:

Review custom sections, snippets, or apps that involve dynamic content.
Use Shopify theme inspector or browser developer tools to analyze the Liquid code rendered on the client side.
For each point, it's recommended to make changes incrementally, keeping backups of your theme and testing the impact on performance after each adjustment.

If there is anything that needs to be clarified or included, please let us know.  We will surely help you. 

We’ve had the best success for our clients by working with our developers to implement the lazy sizes because it's quite complicated for non-technical people.

Have a nice day!

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15843 2371 3073

Hello @ManuBC ,
As I can see your website is having very heavy load with Largest Content Paint and Total Blocking Time.

oscprofessional_0-1709036174573.png

In order to Improve website speed we need to:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer off-screen images.
- Web Pages need to be reduce in size.
- Reduce JavaScript execution time
- Minimize main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve.

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
ManuBC
Excursionist
24 1 6

Thank you for your reply !

Fews comments, and sorry in advance for my beginner questions (I know it's real technical job, I'm just looking for understandable ressources) : 

- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis : Because it's the shopify template, what would be an unnecessary code exemple ?
- Web Pages need to be reduce in size : the lenght of the page is too long ? I feel It looks like other web site, no ?
- Reduce JavaScript execution time : Do you have some tips or useful links ?
- Minimize main-thread work : what does it mean ? 
- Beware of excessive liquid loops : I didn't modify the liquid code, how do I check that ?

Many thanks

Manu

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15843 2371 3073

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @ManuBC

Certainly! It's alright, I understand. It's a highly technical job.

Upon revisiting your site, I've identified numerous  Largest Content Paint issues. Specifically, when we focus on the mobile version of the product page, both Total Blocking Time and  Largest Content Paint problems arise. Addressing these  Largest Content Paint issues requires significant technical expertise, as it entails implementing conditions for both the home page and product page.
Here are Some Tips To :
1. Remove Unnecessary Code: Unnecessary code in a Shopify template can include unused styles, scripts, or theme settings that are not contributing to the functionality or design of the site. This can be identified through a code review, and elements that are not actively used can be safely removed to improve loading times.
2. Reduce Web Page Size: To reduce the length of web pages, consider the following:
Compress and optimize images to reduce their file sizes.Implement lazy loading for images so that they load only when they come into the user's view port.Minimize the use of unnecessary elements and content on the page.
3.Reduce JavaScript Execution Time:
Tips for optimizing JavaScript execution time:
1.Minimize the use of large, synchronous JavaScript files.
2.Implement asynchronous loading for non-essential scripts.
3.Utilize browser caching to store JavaScript files locally on the user's device.

4.Minimize Main-Thread Work:

The main thread is responsible for rendering web pages. Minimizing main-thread work involves optimizing how resources are loaded and processed. Tips include:
Optimize and defer non-essential scripts.
Optimize CSS delivery to avoid render-blocking.
Prioritize critical rendering path elements.

5.Beware of Excessive Liquid Loops: {Related to Largest Content Paint issues Query}

Liquid loops in Shopify template language can impact performance. While you may not have modified the Liquid code directly, it's essential to review any customization's or apps that may introduce liquid loops. Check for loops that iterate over a large number of items unnecessarily.

6.To check for excessive liquid loops, you can:

Review custom sections, snippets, or apps that involve dynamic content.
Use Shopify theme inspector or browser developer tools to analyze the Liquid code rendered on the client side.
For each point, it's recommended to make changes incrementally, keeping backups of your theme and testing the impact on performance after each adjustment.

If there is anything that needs to be clarified or included, please let us know.  We will surely help you. 

We’ve had the best success for our clients by working with our developers to implement the lazy sizes because it's quite complicated for non-technical people.

Have a nice day!

ManuBC
Excursionist
24 1 6

Many thanks for your reply

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15843 2371 3073

@ManuBCWelcome!

ManuBC
Excursionist
24 1 6

I was interested in your Basic Optimization Plan but I didn't managed to send you a private message

Lady-Ros-LLC
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello,
Do you have an application to perform the operations you described above? Or do you have a simple application you can recommend? We are experiencing the same issues, but we want to solve this problem with simple applications.