How can I improve my online store's speed?

Ess91
Shopify Partner
36 0 5

Hi,

I'm trying to increase the store speed. I've spoken to the shopify theme developers about ways to improve the store speed and was told the most above 60. At the moment its at 32, what suggestions or things can I do to increase the store speed a little bit more?

All suggestions are welcomed.

Much appreciated,

Screenshot 2023-08-03 222017.png

Replies 4 (4)

PageFly-Garcia
Navigator
426 72 127

Hi @Ess91,
As I checked on Google page speed insight, the main issue is to reduce unused JS. However, this is not recommended if you don't know about code. Thus, from your side, there are some suggestions that you can apply by yourself: 
Optimizing all your images to minimize their sizes and thus reduce the loading time. This work will help to remove the non-visible image information and improve high-efficiency compression techniques. In many cases, this can save your data of 50% or more. I often use Tiny.png

- Lazy load

Apps analysis and optimization: Please bear in mind that the more apps you use for your store, the more time they need to load. This doesn’t mean you uninstall your apps, this means you should optimize your apps. You should examine all your apps and keep the apps that are really useful for your stores (convert well). By using Google Analytics or Hotjar, you can decide whether your apps are useful or not.

PageFlyGarcia_0-1691139604576.png

Hope it is helpful to you a bit. Thank you and have a great day! 

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Ess91
Shopify Partner
36 0 5

Thank you,

Will try this out!

PageFly-Garcia
Navigator
426 72 127

You are welcome! @Ess91 
Have a great day ahead. 

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 535

Hello @Ess91,

Greetings from flareAI app helping Shopify merchants get $7Million+ in sales from Google Search, on autopilot! I am Gina, and I am here to help.

Here are some simple steps to make your Shopify store faster and provide a better experience for your customers.

-> Reduce the size of your product images without losing quality. This will make your website load faster.

-> Leverage browser caching to store static files on your visitors' devices. This way, when they return to your site, the content can be loaded from their cache, reducing server requests and load times.

-> Minimize the amount of unnecessary code on your website to make it run faster.

-> Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN). This spreads your website's content across different servers around the world, making it quicker for people to access.

-> Some apps might be slowing down your store. Review and remove any apps you don't need.

-> Use a reliable hosting service for your store. It's like having a fast and dependable foundation for your website.

-> Make sure images load only when people scroll down the page, so the initial loading is faster.

-> Minimize the number of HTTP requests by combining CSS and JavaScript files and using CSS sprites for icons and small images.Merge multiple files together to reduce the number of things the website needs to load.

-> Regularly analyze your site's performance using tools like Google PageSpeed Insights, GTmetrix, or Pingdom. Identify bottlenecks and address them accordingly.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need any further clarification.

Gina

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing