Why is my Shopify store speed slowing down?

sayani
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi , 

The Shopify Store Eternal Roses is quite a nice problem free site. But recently, I am seeing a notification where it is saying the speed is slow. however, I haven't added any new plugins or apps? 
Can any one shed some views. 

TIA

Replies 3 (3)

drakedev
Shopify Partner
685 148 229

It seems quite fast to me, I don't see any major problems considering that you are using various Apps too.

But there are some margin of improvements.

Just to mention 3 that I saw:

1. You are using and old version of Lazy Loading JS library, I suggest you to update to the most recent
  2. You can update FontAwesome library to the latest version and check if you really need to have the full or you can subset it
  3. Check if you can defer some JS
If my answer was helpful click Like to say thanks
If the problem is solved remember to click Accept Solution
Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development: You can hire me for simple and/or complex tasks.

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @sayani!

After running your site through our Shopify Analyzer it looks like there are a few areas that could be optimized.

958AF7B1-AC25-4299-9BE1-E5F05D6AD9C9.png

Your requests are quite high. You may want to dive deeper into those to see if there are any you can eliminate.

You could also benefit from compressing some oversized images. This can be a big culprit for reduced page speed.

Lastly, it doesn’t look like you have lazy loading implemented. By adding lazy loading, you’ll only load images as they come into view instead of your website loading all of them at once.

Hope this helps!

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)
sayani
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try with lazy loading options and other as suggested. 

Thank you so much !