I was wondering if anyone has done this before and can lend me a hand. We have a development store and we want to measure it's speed, but unfortunately it is password protected. We know that GTMetrix allows custom cookies and we were wondering if anyone knows what cookies to send for entering a development site. Thank you
You can share a preview link and run that through performance analyzers. It won't be an exact reading because of extra code running with the preview link, but you can still get a pretty good idea of any performance issues.
I would just remove the pw protection while you run the test though, then enable pw protection after you get the results.
Hope that the answer can be somehow helpful, though I don't know much about GTMetrix, I found this thread https://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/42960/how-to-test-the-speed-of-a-page-that-is-guarded... They pointed out great ways that doesn't require coding
- Use lighthouse from Chrome browser: you can access it from Developer Tools (F12) -> Audit. You can use it on logged-in pages, and even against Chrome on a real mobile device (which you should use instead of emulators whenever possible). Lighthouse provides audits for performance, accessibility, progressive web apps, and more.
Below is an example of my password protected page:
Scroll down you will see that detailed report. I hope it helps 😉
If it does, please give me a 'like'😉
Thank you and wish you the best of luck!
Hello @mariusslo ,
You need to work on your website performance’s speed with following point that I have mentioned below.
Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.
In order to Improve website speed you need to:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer off-screen images.
- Web Pages need to be Minify.
- Minimize main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app
By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve. For more details please check and select the plan you wish to select -
If anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask
You can't uncheck password production while a store is in development mode.
This is an issue that should be fixed, as understanding a sites page speed and other metrics is an important part of development...
I checked out your site, and it is actually very fast. I doubt that your page speed is causing you any SEO issues.
It sounds like you are having more a traffic issue - and that could be something related to SEO in regards to keywords, backlinks, and paid advertising or many other possibilities, - but your site speed shouldn't be causing any issues.
I would also look at removing the music. It is very distracting. There are places where I believe your site can use improvement - but site speed, and page load speed are great.