Site Can't Load on Chrome but Loads Fast On Safari

mercysuecherian
Tourist
9 0 3

Hi guys, facing a weird issue recently - my site www.honestlykindbaby.com is unable to load/loads very slowly on all Chrome browsers or Android devices. But there is no issue at all on Safari browsers. 

Help please !

Replies 9 (9)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey, @mercysuecherian!

Thanks for including your domain name in your question. I just accessed your website using Google Chrome and it appears your store is loading quickly on my end. If you find your website is loading quickly in one browser and not the other, it's a browser issue and the cache needs to be cleared.

I suggest clearing your Google browser cache and make sure you are operating on the latest version of Google Chrome. When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites:

If you continue to have this issue, let me know, I'll be more than happy to have a look into this further with you.

Otherwise, how is the rest of your store coming along? I recommend checking out Shopify Compass:

Shopify Compass provides you with webinars and courses on things like store design, marketing, and more. It's 100% free for everyone and new content is being added all the time. This program will help you drive more traffic into your store and also convert that traffic into sales!

Cheers,

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mercysuecherian
Tourist
9 0 3

Hi Moira,

Thanks for responding but the issue still persists. We are losing sales from Malaysian customers who can't access the site or have to wait extremely long for a page to load. Can I please get some proper assistance on this issue? 

Thank you.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

I'm able to load your site with chrome browser latest in under 5-10 seconds which is fast.

@mercysuecherian wrote:

Can I please get some proper assistance on this issue? 

Unless others can reliably reproduce the issue it's near impossible to provide free assistance.

You would need to try the site on different combinations of locations, devices and browsers to even begin to provide better intel on how to reproduce the issues.

If your domain name is new wait 72hours for domain name propagation to take effect.

If you recently installed an app and then this behavior started that may be suspect as it's that apps servers being slow and improperly causing a loading issue.

If your using any type of geoip app|service, or security|service that may be suspect.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

mercysuecherian
Tourist
9 0 3

Hi @PaulNewton 

What would be the best way to supply this evidence? I am able to get different recordings of the issue to substantiate my claim - but will it help?

Believe me, we have tried the site on different combinations - the only one with an issue is any android device or chrome browser in Malaysia. This has been persisting for a good 1 month.

We are not using any geoip app or security service.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you and appreciate the help!

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

@mercysuecherian wrote:

Hi @PaulNewton 

What would be the best way to supply this evidence? I am able to get different recordings of the issue to substantiate my claim - but will it help?

Believe me, we have tried the site on different combinations - the only one with an issue is any android device or chrome browser in Malaysia. This has been persisting for a good 1 month.

It's not a matter of evidence or "claim", others believing you is irrelevant if it's happening, they have to see it to be able to inspect so they can diagnose it.

It's not impossible that it's a CDN or server issue but any support would need to get the site from malaysia and not their local region, and until others can reproduce it reliably there is little to be done besides simply reporting it to support and hoping they stumble on the problem.

If your using a VPN try a different one.

You could also try to find a dev based in Malaysia to try and diagnose your domain.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

mercysuecherian
Tourist
9 0 3

Thanks for the insight @PaulNewton !

I'll search for an expert or check with the domain provider to see if it's a CDN issue.

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

@mercysuecherian,

We’ll need to access your account securely with our live authentication methods in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Thanks!

bythehorns
Excursionist
28 0 7

Hello, just wondering if you found a solution to this? I am having the same problems.

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @bythehorns!

Do you mind sharing your store URL so I can take a closer look?