Is there a way to improve my slow Shopify website's speed?

ekrom399
Tourist
10 0 1

My website is receiving a score of 26, but my theme developer says there is nothing to be done... Can anyone verify if that is the case or something I can do to make it load faster? Any suggestions most welcome.

comerciola.com

Replies 13 (13)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

Hi!

Firstly, you have a great-looking website!

Now, speaking about the Shopify score, look at these score values as guidance and not a definite metric with respect to your Shopify store. There are many website optimization scanners and all use different metrics and variables to calculate performance.
I suggest you take a look at this article that explains Shopify Scores, and what they truly define.
https://presidiocreative.com/blogs/news/the-shopify-speed-score-what-it-actually-means

Even though the number is out of 100, it’s a comparison against other “similar” Shopify shops. Theoretically, if you scored an even 50, your site speed would be average as compared to other Shopify stores.As one Shopify developer put it: “It’s not a measure of Speed, but a measure of speed against other merchants’ stores."

How this is flawed: Shopify is a notoriously fast ecommerce platform. Even if your shop scores low compared to other Shopify stores, it’s still hosted by Shopify and is therefore faster than the average ecommerce experience. It’s like having the slowest Porsche on the Autobahn.

Also, try scanning the site with, Shopify Analyzer https://speedboostr.com/
There are some images you can optimize on the homepage, but overall it's a fast website considering the content density, widgets, and features.

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

Not applicable

Hi @ekrom399 

Aibek is here from Speedimize.io 

Recently we have launched our app, that helps Shopify merchants to make their stores faster. 

Try here: https://apps.shopify.com/speedimize 

Hope that helps you.

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @ekrom399

Mac from Shopify here! Thanks for posting this question and sharing your store link. I’m happy to help.

I understand the importance of having a fully optimized and functional store. However, there are many variables that we need to consider when it comes to increasing website speed. Some variables are out of our control, like our customers' device, network, and location. I ran your store through a PageSpeed Insights test and you have received an excellent score of 94 on desktop, while you received a score of 48 on mobile. You can share this report directly with your theme developer as recommendations are provided to help increase store speed like, reducing unused JavaScript, reducing initial server response time, and by reducing the impact of third-party code.

I'd also recommend reviewing the apps you have installed. Please take in consideration if they're essential for your business, as a large collection of apps can slow down your website. Check out our helpful guide on the balance between online store features and speed to determine which apps are considered essential. 

Another large contributor to site speed are images and videos. Although Shopify has a few safeguards that help prevent overloading your store, I'd recommend checking out our image optimization guide to learn how to upload the most effective media. 

If your theme developer is unable to assist you, you can also speak with Shopify Experts. This is a marketplace that connects you to professionals in a variety of fields related to your e-commerce business. Doing so will allow you to outline your exact requirements and specifications to speed up your store. If you would like to know more about finding the right Expert, please click here.

Feel free to reply back to this thread with any questions or updates and we can continue our conversation further!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15831 2369 3072

@ekrom399 @lucas05021 ,

Yes , Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.

In order to Improve website speed we need to work on the following points:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer offscreen images.
- Reduce JavaScript execution time
- Minimize long main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app
- Avoid an excessive DOM size
- Avoid Large Layouts Shift
- Serve static assets with an efficient cache policy

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve. For more details please check and select the plan you wish to select -
https://www.oscprofessionals.com/shopify-performance-optimization/

If anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask
Thank You!

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
FoxCouture
Tourist
6 0 3

Good morning, 

I am having a lot of issues with my site. I would appreciate any feedback on the performance and setup of my store. I can also use as much help as possible to actually get my store running on a more customer friendly, easy to use, but keep the elegant fancy look and feel. Right now I’m going a number of promotions but I cannot get any customers. Which means a lot. Something is turning them away and making them not want to shop on my site. I’m super confused on what to do with this issue because I’m not tech savvy at all. I hired a developer for my site. They did everything but for some reason my site still isn’t performing at a high speed nor is it ranking high or getting customers attention or trust. 

PLEASE PLEASE HELP! 

Website  

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @FoxCouture

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your concern, I'm happy to help. 

You mentioned that you are experiencing a few issues converting customers and site speed. Rest assured, there are a few key areas we can address to help mitigate these issues. Firstly, I attempted to run your store's URL on the PageSpeed Insights to determine what you can do to increase the speed, although it seems like their is insufficient data to produce a score. How long has your store been live for? 

In the meantime, I'd recommend reviewing the apps you have installed and take in consideration if they're essential for your benefits as  a large collection of apps can slow down your website. Check out our helpful guide on the balance between online store features and speed to determine which apps are considered essential. My next suggestion is to review your store's theme and consult your theme developer. It looks like you are using a third-party theme so you can contact your theme developer to learn more about factors that are affecting your store speed.

I really enjoyed looking through your store and products, it looks like you have a lot of great options for your customers. I noticed that you still have a growing social media following and this is very important to continue building social proof as this will build trust with your customers. I suggest checking out our Shopify Blog on How to Create a Social Media Marketing Strategy. This will go over how to build engaged audiences on platforms in which they already spend their time, and will allow you to create multiple sources of traffic that continually bring in customers. You can also check out our Help Center document on Posting on social media, which outlines how to link your social media profiles to your store and how to add more social media related features to your store. 

In terms of converting customers. i'd love to know more about your marketing initiatives and what types of promotions you have running. This will give me a better idea as to what you can implement to attract your targeted customers. 

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi again, @FoxCouture@ekrom399, and @meezishhh!

Thank you for posting in our forums and I'm glad you were all able to get some guidance from the community. I'd love to know more about how this issue has been mitigated or what approach you have taken towards a resolution. This will also help other members in the community and would make for a great discussion. 

Looking forward to hearing from you all soon! 

FoxCouture
Tourist
6 0 3

My apologies, I'm just now figuring out how to get back to this section. I am still learning how to navigate my way on the Shopify platform. I get so confused with all of the different sections on here. I haven't gotten any help with my issues, because I couldn't remember how to get back to this platform.

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi again, @FoxCouture

Thank you so much for following up on this thread.

I'm sorry for the confusion. You can stay up to date with your replies and interactions by clicking on the bell icon on the right hand corner of this page. Have you had a chance to browse through the responses above? You will find some key information on how to increase your site speed.

I hope these resources help! Kindly reply back to this thread with any questions or updates, and we can continue our conversation further. 

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @lucas05021

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your concern. We're here to help. 

You mentioned that you are experiencing a slower website. Have you had a chance to run your site through a troubleshooting tool? If not, feel free to share your URL in this thread, or you can run your own Lighthouse report using Google PageSpeed Insights to view more detailed metrics for pages in your store. From there, you will be able to determine what exactly is slowing down your site. A very common issue is the overuse of apps, I'd suggest reviewing the apps you have installed and remove some as they can slow down your website. For more information, check out our guide on Improving your online store speed to learn more. 

If your store is still receiving a score, it may be best to reach out to your theme developer or contact a Shopify Expert to take a closer look and troubleshoot the issue. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

meezishhh
Tourist
5 0 2

Hey, I have a site of https://besttechi.com/. Sometime I am facing some issue in its speed. Kindly, let me know its main reason.

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @meezishhh

Thanks for joining the thread and sharing your concern. I’m happy to help.

You mentioned that you are running into issues with speed on your website and would like to find out the main cause of this. As there are many variables that we need to consider when it comes to increasing website speed, I ran your store through a PageSpeed Insights test. You have received an excellent score of 99 on desktop and received a score of 93 on mobile. One of the main reasons why your customers may be experiencing issues with speed could be the users device, network, and location. For more information, check out our guide on Improving your online store speed to learn more.

Are you able to share some more details regarding this? For example, does the site tend to slow down on a certain page, during checkout, etc? This will help further isolate the issue. 

MS_WEB_DESIGNER
Shopify Expert
695 52 135

Hi @ekrom399 ,

I am Alex From MS Web Designer (Top Rated Shopify Certified Experts and eCommerce Consultant from Singapore ) I helped 1000+ Shopify Store owners to Optimize their website loading speed for both mobile and desktop and increase their conversion rate.

Here are some proven steps that will improve your website speed dramatically for both mobile and desktop.

• Select a light Weight Shopify Theme ( OS 2.0 Compatible
  • Remove all Unwanted Shopify App ( That you have installed, but not using)
  • Minify Javascript, CSS 
  • Reduce the Large Image Size
  • Eliminating the halting problem in Javascript
  • Apply Lazy loading per section wherever required
  • Replace Gifs with the Static Images
  • Resize Products images using Shopify App ( for Bulk )
  • Check Page Speed by Google page Insight and GTmetrix.

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve
If you want a Free complete Website Optimization Audit Report ( All the Actionable steps for your store ), let me know 

If you have any concerns feel free to ask me!

Good Luck!

Regards,
Alex 

banned