Should I add code to improve my website's scroll performance?

itshan10
Excursionist
28 0 8

Hi,
Someone suggested me to add this code in my website on every page. To improve the scroll performance of my website. Should I add this code to my website for my website's speed and scroll performance.

itshan10_0-1654376857580.png

Replies 5 (5)

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3805 713 1129

Hi @itshan10,

This code listens to a touch event, therefore this does not apply to device that does not have a touch screen. To answer you question, why don't you duplicate your theme, and add the code to the duplicated theme. Run the lighthouse in the incognito browser, and see the changes in performance. 

To run the lighthouse

1. Open an incognito browser

2. Open your website url

3. Right click and click inspect. 

4. Go to lighthouse. Follow the image below

Screenshot 2022-06-04 154354.jpg

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!
itshan10
Excursionist
28 0 8

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I'll try. But where exactly should I add the code?

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3805 713 1129

Hi @itshan10,

I thought that someone suggested to add it, knows where to add it. Any way, you did not mention your Theme, nor your website. It will be hard to guess the file name but it should be the overall js file. Usually, it is called theme.js or global.js

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!
itshan10
Excursionist
28 0 8

Ok,

My site is kidzee.com.tr but there is a redirect here. Entries from outside Turkey will be redirected to a different site. I'm using the Flow theme by the way.
I'll try adding either to theme.js or global.js, thanks.

itshan10
Excursionist
28 0 8

Screenshot_5.png

Which one?  there is no global.js