Looking to add a donation option to the check out/cart for my own org. We are member based, but not

GetLoud
Tourist
6 0 1

a 501c3 nonprofit. All of the apps I have seen seem specifically for 501c3 with tax receipts, etc. I want, for instance, a customer to  buy a tee shirt and then be able to add $5 to support the org. Any ideas? Thanks 

0 Likes
katiebkung
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
57 4 55

Hi @GetLoud,

If I'm understanding your question correctly, you are looking to collect donations for your own business purposes? If that's the case then, you're right, we don't have an option to do this. Accepting donations through Shopify Payments is only allowed for registered charities in Canada and the US and donation apps in the app store only work with registered charities internationally, not for-profit businesses. 

There may be other payment gateways you can use to facilitate this type of donation, but you'd have to reach out to them directly.

Katie

0 Likes
SustainableAdam
Shopify Partner
31 0 13

The best Shopify App that I know of for this is Shopping Gives.

Here's the full website:

https://shoppinggives.com/for-business/shopify/

And here's their Shopify App (I think they changed their name from "Change Commerce" to Shopping Gives):

https://apps.shopify.com/change-commerce

BStubbs
Shopify Partner
128 14 53

I don't think Shopping Gives allows you to accept donations to your organisation (unless you are a registered non-profit in their network), and its not a standalone donation but a portion of the cart value. 

Was this helpful? Press like!
Did it fix the problem? Mark it as the solution for others!
Buy me a beer? Well, sure!
0 Likes
RonnySage
Shopify Partner
17 0 23

@BStubbs, Ronny Sage here, CEO at ShoppingGives :) 

With ShoppingGives you can donate to any 501c3 nonprofit registered in the US and in good standing with the IRS (over 1.5M).

On the stand alone donation front, you are able to add customer add-on donations under our Impact Plus partnership. Our core program is % or $ of proceeds, allowing your customer to choose their cause of choice. This increases customer loyalty and enables you to engage your customer based on the individual causes they support. Would be happy to schedule a call to walk you through our different programs and help you access if we are the right partner! 

RonnySage
Shopify Partner
17 0 23

@GetLoud we may be able to help you! Please contact us here → hello@shoppinggives.com

0 Likes
BStubbs
Shopify Partner
128 14 53

@RonnySage  That’s really interesting! I didn’t see that on the page, but I could have dug a bit deeper. 

Was this helpful? Press like!
Did it fix the problem? Mark it as the solution for others!
Buy me a beer? Well, sure!
0 Likes
Tracy2020
2 0 0

Hi Katie, which apps allow for donations to Canadian charities? So far I have only come across ones that allow donations to US charities.
Thanks  

0 Likes
MariyaK
Shopify Partner
16 0 1

Hi @GetLoud - awesome to see your post. I am aware it has been a few months since you posted here. Pledger Giving App are building for exactly this user case. Its not affiliated with a foundation and does not take a %ge cut. You can literally plug in your Charity of choice as long as you have the permission to fundraise for them and start fundraising. If this is still relevant - get in touch! support@pledger.co

0 Likes
katiebkung
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
57 4 55

ShoppingGives listed above as well as many others like Pledge and DailyKarma all have Canadian charities in their roster!

0 Likes