So I was on Etsy for a few years but recently wanted to get off of that platform and start my own online store.
I was doing fairly well on Etsy, while I know traffic is different there, I just feel like I should have had a few more orders by now. I love my product, and Ive always felt it’d be a hit. I was averaging 12 orders a week on Etsy. I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong here. I’d really like to try and figure it out. Your tips and feedback are appreciated.
Just take a look at your store and I can have some comments for you:
- At first, I want to talk about a reason why your customers buy less from your store than your Etsy channel.
Because when your customers search for products on Etsy, they can compare the prices between different suppliers. So when they see your product prices are cheaper, they will buy them immediately.
But when they visit your site, they cannot compare with any stores. Therefore, the solution here is you need to have better offers for your customers.
- Now, I'll talk about your store design:
When you want to have your own store, you also make it look more unique. You are selling POD products. So what makes you look different from other stores is real-life photos. You can have more real-life photos in many ways: have your own products or as your customers for photo reviews.
I've seen your Instagram account, you can think about having an Instagram gallery to show your product photos.
Check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. This will help you create a gallery and also make it shoppable.
Hope this helps!
I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.
1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
3. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.
5. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
6. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
7. Add sorting feature in collection pages for changing the order of any product listing whereby users can choose which criteria they want the products to be listed by.
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
So sorry to hear, it has to be so discouraging. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:
Etsy has their own search that only extends within their own website. With your own store you are now in a much broader pool of search results on Google. Hang in there, with some SEO adjustments you will hopefully start seeing some sales.
Best of luck!
If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature. We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!
The theme you are using is the default, basic theme. There are free themes that Shopify provides that are a lot better. If you would like me to design your store please email me at email@example.com. Otherwise I would suggest the Brooklyn theme.
Hello @Gabking, I hope you are doing good! your store is password protected, please share the password.