I have been struggling and scrambling to find solutions for my issues with no luck.
I opened my shop almost a year ago and had ups and downs over time but was able to get a little sales.
The past couple of months have been garbage, I raised my spend on Facebook ads and tried different types of ads, and sent a decent amount of traffic to my site but am not able to get it to convert.
My stats for the last 30 days is 1500+ sessions, 63 add to carts, 14 initiating checkout and 4 sales.
Can anyone take a look at my site and tell me what you think or have any suggestions for me? www.shopanika.com
First, I'll address your ads. When you get high traffic and little to no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). We recently released a 2021 Shopify Ad Strategy video that I'd recommend giving a watch:
Moving onto your store, I've taken a look through and I have a few suggestions.
First, on your homepage, there's nothing that tells me why I should shop here. As you likely know, clothing is a very saturated market. There are retail stores, their online stores, Amazon and etc. that are well-known, well-established brands with massive marketing budgets offering clothing options as well. When a person is searching for say, tie-dye clothing in Google, these big companies are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. That's not to say you cannot compete, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. I've taken a look through your products and it looks like the sizing starts at 1x and goes up to a 3x. So something that sets you apart right away is that fact, you also say that these products are made in the USA, another differentiating factor. I'd think more on this and then add that to your homepage.
The next thing I'd recommend is keeping the main image for each of your products consistent in size and background, it makes your store look more professional. You could use your current photos under additional photos, I think it's great to add some variation, however, that first image should be consistent across the board.
Another thing I'd recommend is utilizing Shopify's sales channels so that you can connect your checkout to your Instagram and Facebook page.
My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. With this product, you have it named "Rosie Tie Dye Loungewear Top" which is a great name, but not for SEO. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. Ie. "Plus size tie dye tank top". We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Hello @Shopanika, I hope you are doing well! the look and feel of the store is good but you need to work on the layout of the store and make it more professional. Here is the feedback on your store:
- Add announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store.
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image (with a call to action button on it)- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
- Create a drop-down menu in the header option to make your store easy to navigate.
- You should add a loyalty program in your store. Many brands have started using the loyalty program to build long term relationships with their customers. To make customers purchase from you again you have to give them rewards and loyalty points. You can give welcome points, on allowing for push notification, on a sign-up, on following or sharing on social media, and many other activities. Engage them with gratification and build relationships with your customers by offering such kinds of rewards. It will help you to increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers, reviews, social media presence.
- Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. Send price drop alerts to customers to bring customers back to your store.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
These tools will help you to get sales and if your store will be professional and engaging then you can see the change in the conversion and retention rate.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
If you need any help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help.
Hope this Helps!
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022