3000 views in 3 days but 0 sales

Solved
Karyy
Tourist
6 0 1

I've recently opened my dropshipping website and added a couple products. I firstly tried advertising that baby bag on Facebook but than I said to myself that I'm pretty dumb because who would buy a warm sleeping bag during summer.. So I added that car stuff and advertised the neck pillow on Facebook. It has got big numbers, just today already 600+ people clicked on the ad BUT I still haven't received any sale.

So whole yesterday I was sitting and watching videos and reading articles about what to fix when you're getting no sales. I upgraded the description on the products, added pictures there, added payment methods, added reviews, upgraded the look of the page etc. But still nothing happened.

I'm pretty sure the mistake is somewhere in the website because if the product wouldn't be interesting than the people wouldn't click on it and if the ad would be trash no one would click on it either. So I'm asking you for some help, opinion, feedback, anything what should I improve to get at least some orders?

Thanks a lot for any reaction

www.maximalshops.com

0 Likes
Grace_01
Explorer
58 2 9

@Karyy Few suggestion

1- Ensure you are running conversion campaign on FB

2- Ensure your checkout and payment gateway is working properly 

3- Place the customer review widget to below social share 

4- If right now you are targeting to neck pillow then add more product create a broad niche

5- Add all policy pages like refund policy , shipping policy , contact us

6- Hide the baby product if you are not targeting 

Karyy
Tourist
6 0 1

Okay thank you, I'm gonna go try that.

0 Likes
Karyy
Tourist
6 0 1

@Eller @Grace_01 Thanks a lot! I have done everything you suggested. I think I even discovered where was the main problem - it was in the ad settings. When I was trying to advertise it I just clicked on that "Promote" button under the post, added some settings and done. So I have deleted that ad and launched conversion campgain with a lot more settings. So does the website look better now?

One more question - with the policy links you mean like to add links to pages with the policy or to write my own? Sorry if that's a dumb question but I've only been doing this for a week

0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Navigator
322 25 119

Hello @Karyy 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• Your store logo might need an improvement as a company’s Logo grabs attention, makes a strong first impression, and is the foundation of your brand identity.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

I see that you have no banner on your site yet.  It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

• I see that your store doesn’t have a Favicon. Having a favicon on your website is crucial. It makes your site recognizable on browser tabs, but it too gives a professional look to your website.
  • You should also add a Call-To-Action (CTA) or a Shop Now button to the banner, so that users can be redirected to the relevant product page, without much delay.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
Karyy
Tourist
6 0 1

@CutOutWiz Great advice! Thank you very much. I'll try to do all of the things on your list

TeamSpocket
Explorer
46 5 8

Hi @Karyy,

I just checked your store and I like your niche items (car pillow).  One thing that you really need to work on is your homepage banner. I suggest putting a high-quality image of your product and change the message. 

We are Maximal Shops. We are based on finding top quality and top trending products and selling them to our customers as much affordable as possible.

This message is more suited under the "About" page and you should take advantage of the banner section to highlight your product's benefits or promotions. 

I also suggest that you check your abandoned checkout section. Go to Shopify Admin > Order > abandoned checkout. Check if there are customers who abandoned their checkouts. You can also see it here if the customer abandoned the checkout due to a technical issue (the payment gateway is not working), so this is something to keep in mind.  If you have lots of customers who abandoned their checkout, considering customizing your abandoned checkout email. You can offer a promotion/discount to entice them to go back. 

Have you tried Spocket? It's a dropshipping app that allows you to import high-quality products from our suppliers around the world. We also have suppliers located in UK and Europe, Just in case you consider adding more products to sell. You can sign up here for a free Spocket account and browse our catalogs of products.  You can also check our success stories on some of our retailers. 

Cheers,
Spencer and the Spocket team

0 Likes

Hello @Karyy  , 

I have gone through your store, Let me please honestly share my feedback.

Firstly , I have noticed you have limited collection available , please try to Increase your collection by adding more products to your store
this will sure make the visitors spend more time checking the products & they might end up making a sale.

Also I suggest you to :

--> ADD FAVICON : Favicons are icons that visually represent a website and/ or brand. they are the small images (usually 16*16 pixels). Use the .ico file format for favicons, but browsers also support PNG and (static) GIF files.
By applying favicons on your site, you can create your own site brand.

Favicon makes your site professional, so if a user comes to your site then spends time on your site, reads the content of your site, goes to the internal link of your site, shares it, which gives Google the signal that Your site is good which improves your ranking.

--> ADD ABOUT US : The “About Us” page is the perfect place to express your business’s unique identity
While your other pages are dedicated to your products and services, this page is all about what makes your business special.

--> ADD RETURNS & REFUND POLICY : According to a study, over 60% of customers review a Returns Policy before they make a purchasing decision.
The Returns Policy is the document that covers the situation where a customer wants to bring a purchased item back and exchange it for cash,
a replacement product, or store credit.

Having a good Return Policy for your store is important for keeping your sales practices in line with the law, but also for retaining customers.

--> ADD PRIVACY POLICY : A privacy policy is one of the most important documents on any website. It details your company's views and procedures on the information collected from visitors.
Visitors have a right to know what information you are collecting. It may be obvious that you are collecting personal details by asking them to complete a form, but you should make it clear. You should also include information logged by your servers, such as hostnames and IP addresses.

Privacy policy is technically a legal document, great effort should be made to craft a document that is both accurate and easy to understand, obscuring hidden clauses in reams of text is not acceptable.

--> ADD SHIPPING POLICIES : A shipping policy is a concise document or webpage that outlines important information around shipping when an order is placed online.
It often includes details on shipping costs and methods, delivery times, and more.

--> ADD CONTACT US : Your ‘Contact Us’ page plays an important role in turning your website visitors your customers by providing them with a place
where they can find all your contact details easily
Apart from your potential customers, your ‘Contact Us’ page also allows investors and advertisers to get in touch with you, and we all know how important both these entities can be for the success of any business.

--> ADD BLOGS : A blog can maintain your marketing strategy and structure your relevant content, attract new clients & can promote the formation of a community
around your website and organization

The ultimate goal in creating blogs is to drive as much traffic to your website as possible. When you create a blog post this creates one more indexed page on your website,
meaning it’s one more opportunity for you to show up in search engines and drive traffic to your website.

--> ADD TRUST BADGES : A trust badge is a logo or a symbol that you display on your site to assure a visitor that your business is legitimate
They ensure that visitors feel safe to share their information and can comfortably put their trust on your website

Customer trust is a key brand differentiator that can make or break a business. It’s integral to a company’s self-perseverance and long-term sustainability.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,
Tuecus.

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
2877 180 493

Dear @Karyy 

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• Use Voila Shopify app  adds a highly efficient cart feature proven to reduce cart abandonment and boost sales. (Show multiple Discount coupon code on cart page )
  • You need to improve your design. Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • Do remarketing ads for website traffic
  • Do ON PAGE SEO
  • At footer: 

maxfooter.png

• Banner adding on Collection page - Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Product page layout needs to improve

• Do Cart Page Modification with discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.

cartpageexample.png

• There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. We suggest you install a Free app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes it easy for the customer to read your terms and policies. 

Click Here to Hire Shopify Store Customization Experts
Boost Conversions & Average Order Value with this
Best App for Sticky Add To Cart
Karyy
Tourist
6 0 1

@MS-WEB-DESIGNER @Tuecus @TeamSpocket @CutOutWiz @Eller 

Thanks everyone for your great feedback. I read everything you suggested and added/upgraded all that I could. I totally remade the website and would be very happy if you checked it out and let me know how does it look now. I didn't even expect to get so many answeres and thank you all again. I have much better feeling about the website now.

www.maximalshops.com

0 Likes