Brutally Honest Criticism!!

Solved
ImGadgetMike87
2 0 1

Ok so my store has been open a few months now. I've had 1258 visitors and 1 buyer!! This normal? Seems like i should have had more buyers. Can someone go take a gander at my store and walk the pages and tell me what you think. Be brutally honest please. That's the only way I'm going to see what other people see. I would really appreciate it. https://gadgetgrabberz.com

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
606 145 179

This is what I would improve:
1. Make the logo larger. On larger screens, it is difficult to read the logo text, I had to zoom in on my screen.
2. Spin to win icon, covers the logo. Move it to the bottom left corner or the bottom right (above the FB messenger button)
3, Split the footer into 4-5 sections, there is space.
3. In the Main (Top) Menu, possibly remove the About us and Home from the main menu. (Clicking on the logo, practically has a home button feature).

There's likely more improvement to be made, but this is what I noticed as a first-time user within few minutes of site interaction.

All the best!

- I am an eCommerce and Marketing Technology consultant based in Toronto, CANADA.
- To inquire about consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message.
- For Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.

Suggested Improvements:

1. You need a professional logo, maybe this one is taken from any free website.

2.Add Favicon 

3. Use only one live chat option.

4. Use business email like info@gadgetgrabberz.com instead of Gmail.

5.Split the footer menu into at least 2 parts.

6. "All Categories " tab in the main menu is not active.

7. Add an affiliate program to collaborate with influencers.

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community

Shopidropship | Shopify Dropshipping Experts
Click Here to hire an expert.

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ImGadgetMike87

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that these comments can be somewhat beneficial to you in improving your site performance. But first, you can check out this Ultimate Checklist on Best Practices To Optimize Your Conversion Rate.

I/ Homepage

1. The Main Menu should be clear about your store navigation instead of listing all of your collections. As the goal of the Main menu of your website aims to navigate and guide the customers how to browse to your site, it's like a map to your house, so it should be layered and concise. For example: Home > Collections > All Products > About Us > Promotion > Reward. Inside the Collection, there can be a drop down menu where you can list all of your collections, this feature depends on the theme you're using.

PageFly_0-1627758777218.png

2. Image with text overlay. I understand that you got a font for your brand, but they can be illegible when put on a colorful banner.

PageFly_1-1627758829461.png

3. Align Images to the same height. Leaving the Product List unequal in height like this can leave an unprofessional and inconsistent feeling among your visitors. 

PageFly_2-1627758905175.png

II/ Collection Page

1. Use Load More instead of Pagination. The majority of the merchants would prefer Pagination but the feature itself poses some difficulties if they want to compare 2 products from 2 pages. 

PageFly_3-1627759017758.png

III/ Product Page

1. Use a combination of bullet points and texts for Product Description. 

PageFly_4-1627759098643.png

2. Styling the Product Price to be more prominent. The price should be highly visible and that users don’t have to search for it — it should be visible immediately at a glance on the product page or below the Product Title.

PageFly_5-1627759127488.png

3. Try to use higher quality Product Images. Given that you're selling rather high-price products, you might want to make your product presentation as worth as the price. 

PageFly_6-1627759207434.png

Overall, this is a nicely put layout and you must've invested a lot of time and effort into this. If you need any changes, you can always opt for PageFly Page Builder to build more customized and high-converting website. If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Leap4artnc
Excursionist
44 1 14

Oh oh, you asked for it. 

If I clicked on a link like I just did, I would maybe have an idea of the name of your company and maybe what it did. 

I admit I went first on my Macbook Air. And I have no idea what I am looking at or what I should EVEN be Looking for. I probably will never come back if I can't remember your name OR one Product. 

These are just a few ideas off the top of my head

1. Perhaps a small slide carousel of some of the products you have that you know people want or like. (For example I buy stuff online almost everything I buy is from online--but I didn't even click on anything because all I saw was text. 

2. How about Specials Once a week--Change them. Have people Register for the Special of the Week to be sent to them, four specials for the month that they get by email? Make sure to have a picture and what makes the product good. 

That is it. Now maybe I will go and see what I find but right now -- you have overloaded me without me knowing what you do. 

Good luck

Tommy B. McDonell

Artist, leapforartnc.com (yikes I will ask people to review me)