Feedback For hushpuppydog.com

hushpuppydog
Tourist
4 0 1

I am really having a hard time getting my store right and would like feedback on how I should size banners properly and make everything look right.  Please help!  Thanks for your help.  I would also like others to be able to add my products to their store, but I am totally unsure of how to do this besides through affiliate programs, but even then, I do not see how my products can be sold elsewhere.  Thanks again.

My Shopify store is HushPuppyDog.com

Hi @hushpuppydog ,

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for over 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

After looking at your website, I have some feedback for you and hope that they can help you improve the conversion rate.

1. Home

1.1. Some good points

• Have high-quality photos that reflect the products you sell
  • The shipping and return information is displayed in the footer
  • Your social media feed (Instagram) appears on the homepage
  • I can see the testimonials appear occasionally as a pop-up
  • The countdown timer on the top. It authentically tells visitors how much time remains before a given action should be taken.

1.2. Some recommendations

1.2.1. The navigation bar should be sticky

A sticky navigation bar will allow visitors to move around the site quicker. Moreover, some studies also found that a sticky navigation bar can boost the conversion rate.

1.2.2. Place a banner on the top of the site

By placing a banner on the top of your Home, you will create a focus point for your visitors to notice as there will be only some seconds to capture their interest and encourage them to stay on your website. You can create a banner with a call to action button so that visitors can take action right away.

1.2.3. The call-to-action button should be more dominant

Screenshot 2021-05-28 at 11.19.26.png

I found that in this part, it's quite difficult to recognise the call-to-action button because its color is the same as the background. Therefore, the visitors could miss it at the first glance. The button needs to draw the visitors' attention and convert into action, so I recommend you change the color of the button into white for example to make it more dominant.

1.2.4. Add some call-to-action button to the “TRULY ORIGINAL DESIGNS” (product list) part

You have given visitors enough essential information in the product elements. However, they still lack a call-to-action button. I think you should add to cart and see more buttons, so that the visitors will be more likely to take action on this page.

2. Collection Page

2.1. Some good points

• The grid view has been used
  • The essential information about the product has been shown
  • All products are provided with clear and high-quality product thumbnail images
  • Filtering By Price, User Ratings, Color, Size, and Brand are allowed

2.2. Some recommendations

2.2.1. Zoom in or display the secondary thumbnail on hover

Since the customers of your products have a high demand for visual product information, I recommend you to allow the visitors to zoom in or display the secondary thumbnail on hover. It will enable them to better assess the products right from the product list by simply looking over their thumbnails.

2.2.2. Add add to cart and see more button to the listing items

As mentioned above, I think you should add these button to encourage visitors to take action right on the collection page. I think your listing items have already contained enough essential information that can lead visitors to make purchases, then have a button will more convenient for them.

3. Product page

3.1. Some good points

• Show the products in scale (I hope you can do it with your all products)
  • Provide images from different angles
  • Use both ‘Bullet Lists’ and ‘Blocks of Text’ for Product Descriptions
  • Allow users to submit product reviews

3.2. Some recommendations

3.2.1. Use ‘Delivery Date’ instead of ‘Delivery Speed’

I noticed that in the checkout process, the estimated delivery speed (i.e. 2 business days) will be displayed. However, the shipping speed will force users to calculate themselves or even guess when they will actually receive their order. Therefore, I recommend you use the delivery date instead.

3.2.2. Provide a list of recently viewed items

Visitors sometimes want to return to previously viewed items for a variety of reasons, so it will be difficult if the user has to rely on the native browser “Back” button or literally refind the product by navigating categories or submitting a search query. Therefore, I recommend you add a list of recently viewed items for a better experience.

If you find my recommendations helpful, please like and mark it as a solution. I also suggest you take a look at our PageFly which can help you build a high-converting page.

For more information, you can consider subscribing to our channel “Ecom Learning With PageFly” in which we provide you with actionable insights into building your own eCommerce business, including everything from Business Ideation, Product Research, Brand Building to proven eCommerce Marketing Strategies, Store Design and Conversion Rate Optimization Strategies.

The first video about picking winning Dropshipping products in June 2021 is out now!
We're here to help you thrive in the eCommerce world, one video at a time!

Best of luck!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4017 240 731

Hello @hushpuppydogThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

- Make use of bullet points, don't write descriptions in paragraphs.

AiTrillion_0-1622186670727.png

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

Add a call to action button like 'Shop Now' on the banner image of the homepage. You can also add a title of 'GET 20% OFF ON FIRST PURCHASE' with a call to action button 'USE CODE FIRST20'.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor an exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon codes to complete the purchase.

Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

HI @hushpuppydog 

After review of you store, I will advise you to install some social proof apps on the store. Most of the buyers will not buy if they did not found the site authentic. For first time buyer's you have to win their trust and social proof are great way to achieve that.

Also, you have not added any push notification app pan your store.Push notifications have high conversion rate. Most of the visitors just leaves after adding product to cart without purchasing it. Push notifications are great way to remind them of their abandoned cart and nudge them to complete the purchase.

You are really missing out with this core functionality which could easily recover some lost sales for you.

There are plenty of app on appstore which are offering push notification either for free or for very reasonable price.

I will recommend https://apps.shopify.com/cartbite

This one is offering abandoned cart ,back in stock and price drop notification on push and emails. 

If this is helpful please up vote the answer so that other merchants can get benefit from it too

Addyz is ad optimization and automation platform for facebook and Instagram ads. Addyz allow store owners to create proven campaign strategies and branded catalogues to increase ad efficiency and boost sales
hushpuppydog
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks, I will look into this further

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4017 240 731

Hey @hushpuppydog,

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? 

Did you get a chance to try the app AiTrillion? If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help or you can email our support at support@aitrillion.com

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
hushpuppydog1
2 0 0

I want you to know that I am really appreciative of your great advice and I didn't want you to think I let it go.  I will be making changes, I have just been completing so much more that I had to do and dealing with some personal PTSDs that I am mostly past.  Thanks again.

0 Likes
hushpuppydog1
2 0 0

I want you to know that I am really appreciative of your great advice and I didn't want you to think I let it go.  I will be making changes based on the suggestions I received. I have just been completing so much more that I had to do and dealing with some personal PTSDs that I am mostly past.  Thanks again.

0 Likes