I've started my online store a weeks ago. I am very excited about this! I had Facebook and Instagram ads running previously before launch and still now. The site is getting 50-55 visits daily, but still no sale. People dont even reach the checkout or add to the cart. Can someone help with more tips? Or suggestions? Right now we’re reaching 500 sessions a month but no sales.
Congratulations on launching your store!
I've taken a look through and I have a few suggestions.
First, I really like your logo, well done! The first thing I notice is your main image. I understand why you needed to overlay image (for the text to be seen) but I would suggest fixing this banner image. The image should be bright and clear, if you are having issues with text not showing up, add a box around the text only at about 70% transparency so that it pops.
The next thing I'd recommend is having consistent sizes and backgrounds across all products. You can always use alternative background under additional product photos, but it makes it look more professional if that main image background is the same for all products.
As far as your SEO, I can see there has been some work done there (which is great), I'd recommend tweaking a little more. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. With this product, you are using words like "gift for her" and "valentines day", these keywords are too vague and also will be nearly impossible to rank for. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO.
At checkout, phone is a required field. I would change this as it will be a detent for a lot of people who don't want to share that information.
When I get to shipping, these are the options available for me (I'm in Canada).
The shipping costs will likely be a deterrent as well. What you can do in this case is up the product cost for certain countries so that you can lower shipping costs.
In regards to your ads, when you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). We recently released a 2021 Shopify Ad Strategy video that I'd recommend giving a watch:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Thank you so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it! I’ll make those changes right away! I did have an additional question. On the first part when you mentioned the 70% transparency of a box around the text. Is there a way to do that in Shopify under when you edit the header or do I have to go ahead and create a new banner on somewhere like Canva?
Thank you so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it! I’ll make those changes right away! I did have an additional question. On the first part when you mentioned the 70% transparency of a box around the text. Is there a way to do that in Shopify under when you edit the header or do I have to go ahead and create a new banner somewhere?
Hyde here from Shopify.
Congratulations on launching a very sharp looking store! And the fact that your products are eco-friendly too is a massive selling point.
I can see you've paid plenty of attention to making your store as trustworthy as possible. The aesthetic, the content, the imagery, the currency change feature, the Instagram links for social proof - all great work.
However, your site is, of course, only one part of the content funnel that your visitors embark on before making a purchase. The experience actually starts before they land on your store and continues after it. So think about who your customer is (There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here - How to create customer personas ) and think about how they're being lead to your store, what they see when they get there, and what they feel when they leave. Have a look at this guide for more ideas on how to develop that funnel. Here too is Shopify's Conversion Rate Optimization Guide which is definitely worth looking at.
I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
All the best, Hyde.
Hello @nhashiguti, I hope you are doing good! here are few a suggestions that you can work on:
- Showcase reviews on the home page. It helps in building trust with other visitors.
- Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
- Add an attractive newsletter subscription with a discount code. This will make people want to purchase from you.
- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help you.
Hope this Helps!
Hi @nhashiguti welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.
2. Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.
3. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
I hope this helps!
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022