Hello everyone- in March I launched my online jewelry store (www.zeliejewelry.com), and since then I have had plenty of traffic, but no sales (I had two sales from two relatives, but that's it) I had used Google ads, and while it did bring visitors, it didn't really get my message across about the style, aesthetic, and the customer my store was meant for. In the end, I did a MAJOR overhaul, by getting a new theme for my site (from Debut to Expression), I retook ALL my photos, and I upped my game concerning Instagram and Facebook (I'm using Planoly to post at least 3 times a day, and I like other people's posts). As for Instagram Shop and Facebook Shop, I wasn't approved (honestly, I think it was because I don't have enough Facebook Business Page likes yet, and didn't even have posts on my page, but I can always get it done afterwards) so for now I'm trying to see what I can do with the strength of my store right now. While it has only been a week, I'm wondering what I can do to get sales going, I'm eager to get this inventory out the door! Thanks for any feedback!
It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that these comments can be somewhat beneficial to you in improving your site performance. But first, you can check out this Ultimate Checklist on Best Practices To Optimize Your Conversion Rate .
1. Make the Hero Banner fullwidth as it's the first impression of the visitor about your store before jumping to the products. They need to know who you are, what you're selling and what message you're delivering. And having it fullwidth helps the page looks much more open than having white spaces on both sides.
2. Make the Header and Free Shipping Banner sticky. As the search bar is in the Header, you can consider make it sticky so that customer can reach for it anytime they need to find anything. As well as the Promotion Banner for obvious reason, repetitive display of the offer will eventually push the visitors towards taking action.
3. Make the Heading more prominent in size and styling. The heading helps your customers identify sections inside your store easily, having them same size as other texts does not help in this situation. So I'd suggest increase the font size, set bold and decorate for the Heading to grab the attention of the customers.
II/ Collection page
1. Add CTA button for Product Lists. CTA buttons serve as a guidance to your customers to know what to do next when browsing through your store.
2. Use Load More instead of Pagination. The majority of the merchants would prefer Pagination but the feature itself poses some difficulties if they want to compare 2 products from 2 pages.
III/ Product Page
1. Styling the Product Price to be more prominent. The price should be highly visible and that users don’t have to search for it — it should be visible immediately at a glance on the product page or below the Product Title.
Overall, this is a very clean layout website and you must have put a lot of time and effort into this. You can always opt for PageFly Page Builder to build more customized and high-converting landing page. If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best!
Congrats on your Shopify store, great products! There are a few things that can attract not only organic traffic but quality traffic that will convert.
Hope you're doing good. Congratulations on your new store wish you success too!
I have worked in this industry. Please see my feedback below.
Good Design good name good store good products.
I would suggest you to tweak the menu little bit.
Under Shop you can have
Yellow Gold ( under this add all gold products 14kt gold )
Gold Vermiel ( under this add this category products)
Does 14kt gold come with a certificate please confirm if yes please add that on the product details page.
Add contact page.
Add on about page your store image or owners image it creates trust.
Good points of your store:
- Reduce the blank space in the header.
- You can add a call to action button on the announcement bar to make customers take an action.
- Add a review section on the product page as people read reviews before making a purchase.
- Add product recommendations on the cart pages. This will help in upselling.
- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.
To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions.
P.S- Free plan available.
Hello Vinods, thank you for your suggestions! I will definitely adhere some of your suggestions- the 14kt gold is marked, but it did not come with any certificate (not typical in my experience with vintage fine jewelry in North America, but I did clearly state and I will also add a picture of the jeweler's mark to show its authenticity and fineness). And yes to the contact page, I was having some issues adding that when it came to using the Expression theme (it's sophisticated but takes me time to fully appreciate all its features!) Thank you again Vinods!
Hello. After taking a look at your store I notice that you have it laid out very well. Overall I would just suggest a bigger text with a slightly different font to draw your customers in. I would also add a little bit more about what your store offers and how unique it is. I would also reformat the blog section and add a custom checkout feature.