I launched my website about 3 months ago and I have been getting high traffic but still no sales. My facebook / social media ads are bringing people in but they never seem to get past the landing page. Could someone have a look at my site and see where I'm going wrong?
Hyde here from Shopify. Excellent question!
Congratulations on setting up your store and creating your website, that is stage one complete!
You are clearly also familiar with creating social media ads to try to share your brand with the world. However, what exactly are you sharing with the world?
At the moment you've only got your products on your store, so I assume that is what you're promoting. Moreover, you've only got very basic factual points about your product outlined for your customer. This doesn't really paint a picture of what your product stands for or what it can do for your customer.
You can actually get really creative with your product descriptions. There are even some templates you could use to speed up the process:
Perfect for ___________________________ (ideal situation),
these _______________ (product name)
can be/will _______________ (tell a quick story).
(Product name) ______________
are ______________ (top features)
to _______________ (product benefits).
No more _____________________ (pain and/or challenge).
However, to give all your product descriptions a bigger sense of purpose, you need to connect them all to your brand mission statement. You need to identify and share your core purpose with the world, beyond simply selling a product and making money.
(by the way, be wary of spelling errors, they will undermine customer trust)
1. You mention that your business is "black-owned". What do you hope to communicate by that? Is your brand political? Do you mean that you primarily target black customers? Are you hoping to attract people connected to a cause?
2. You also mention your brand aims to give people a chance to create their aesthetic. Given that all jewellery, clothes and accessory stores aim to do the same thing, does this seem unique or distinct enough?
Perhaps you could complete the following sentence:
Our brand is the only ______________________ that ____________________.
If you cannot identify what it is that only your brand can do those others can't, it will make carving out space in the marketplace that bit harder.
Here are some examples:
What: The ONLY motorcycle manufacturer
How: that makes big loud motorcycles
Who: for macho guys (and macho wannabees)
When: mostly in the United States
Where: in an era of decreasing personal freedom
You see you can change the order of the essentials, but the point is to refine your audience, the reason they might engage with you, and the context they're operating in.
Then communicate this in an About Us page. Here's a little more about what an About Us page should contain and here's how to create one! You know your potential customers, the context, and the hook better than anyone else, it's just a question of uncovering it.
I hope this helps!
All the best, Hyde.
Hi @nadinem1 welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. I recommend you to strengthen your social activity on Facebook and Instagram by posting on regularly, and connecting with similar communities as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic. Also getting a social media influencer to promote your merch is also a good way to get high traffic to your store.
2. I noticed that the product descriptions are not descriptive, A brief info about the product is required. Why? Because you can use potential keywords in such circumstances that are likely used on search engines. (try out this https://kwfinder.com/ to find phrases that are related to the keyword and also have a high search volume.) This will help increase organic traffic (google).
3. Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers, etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse the homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. You can read more about it here.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
I hope this helps!
The store looks great with a variety of products. The traffic you are seeing may not be reliable. Work on developing your brand with reliable customer base who visit the store to purchase will help. You may want to check this post if you want to consider in-mail marketing at some point.