Honest feedback on my store

Solved
Retteb
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi everybody

I'm planning to launch my store next week and I want someone to review it before I launch it.

Can someone rate my store like this:

1. Overall look and feel ( navigation, design, layout etc)

2. My copywriting

3. Choice of product/niche

4. Product image ( blurry or just right ) I'm only using my phone.

5. I know product review is vital for online store but I was overwhelmed with tons of choices on shopify apps store and ended not installing anything, any recommendation do you think the best?

6. Your feedback. What do you think needs improvement? What do you think do I need to add? Is my store trustworthy?

I'm using pagefly on my contact us page (hoping to get 1 free additional page for my about us, hahaha jk but if you can just let me know), is there a way that I can make my email a link?

https://rettebs.com

Password : neldah

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1049 142 342

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Retteb,

Congratulations on your store! I can tell you've put a lot of time, thought and effort into it.

rettebs-01.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
Your text is great and you have a call to action button (Shop Now) so well done there! My only suggestion would be to have a photo of your product instead of the trees, perhaps similar scenery but with the addition of a person holding the drinkware.

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

REVIEWS
You mentioned reviews, positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. We did a video showing a free review app you can use and how to set it up:

EMAIL LINK
To make your email a link, use this code:
<a href="mailto:support@rettebs.com">Email Us</a>

LOCAL
I’d recommend starting online to bring in those first few sales and start bringing in reviews. Post online to local community Facebook pages, marketplace, join any handmade groups, etc. If there are online markets I would join them and definitely in person when they are up and running again.

I’d also approach local small businesses to see if they are interested in carrying a selection of your products.

With everything you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:

MARKETING
For you, I’d recommend creating videos to market your products. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get AdSense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns AdSense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
I think this could be great for you, hope you give it a go!

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Retteb 

I am loving your store and the sustainability aspect. There are a few things that can attract not only organic traffic but quality traffic that will convert. 

• I would focus on having some lifestyle photography and using photos of customers (or friends) using your product. It will help potential customer see the potential and why they should purchase. 
  • Optimize your product pages by adding banners that highlight promo codes or any special discounts, customer reviews or information about the product, directly on the product pages. This will help guide your customers through education on your products. It's also the perfect way to show why, the mission behind your store and even highlight the sustainable aspect of your products. Here is an amazing example of a clothing boutique that displays coupons and information right above their "add to cart" button for their customers to learn about what they offer. https://www.hawaiy.com/products/naive-floral-print-straps-a-line-dress // Another great example of increasing conversion on your product pages are https://www.tourdenos.com.br/products/shorts-beach - they give incredible information, especially for first-time buyers.
  • Another feedback is to build up your blog. I can definitely see you focusing on a very specific niche and how it can lead to more organic traffic.

• Regularly test your site speed and ensure everything is loading correctly.
  • I would definitely AB test your audience 
  • Ensure your site is optimized for mobile and looks good not only on desktop and mobile, but tablets as well. 
Content Marketing - https://apps.shopify.com/because
Because: Grow your Shopify store revenue with Because product page banners
JuanG
Tourist
8 0 2

sorry, there is not enough on your page to respond about. I only aw coming soon and a sentence or two. is the link correct?

0 Likes

Congratulations on your new website.

Your website is okay with the niche you choose, but not well designed. You will have to add some essential features to make it more captivating. How?

+2348167044807
0 Likes
Retteb
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi, @EcomGeeks thank you for your time to review my store, I will consider your advice. That was the feedback I was looking for.

Homepage banner - I'm still waiting for some lifestyle photos that I sent to the photographer. Do you think it will hurt my conversion if I just leave it there for a week or two?

SEO - that's too much for me to work on but I will do it moving forward, baby steps for me for now.

I"ll definitely watch the video you sent to me.

0 Likes
Retteb
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi, @JonathanBecuase

Thank you for your the time to review my store. I appreciate it.

I agree with you, I think lifestyle photos are the way to go that's why I sent my products to the photographer and I'm still waiting for them.

I"ll definitely consider adding a banner on my product page. One thing I'm curious about is I'm afraid to include my funny side writing my product description, do you think it will hurt my conversion?

0 Likes
Retteb
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi, @JuanG 

Yeah, my store is still password protected but you can enter using a password neldah.

I want everything to be clear before I launch it.

0 Likes
Retteb
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi, @Lespenge

Thank you for your feedback, I know the design is just plain and simple, it's a free theme provided by Shopify, what can you expect?

Since I don't have a big budget to hire a web designer, I think I will work for what I have for now.

0 Likes