How can I improve conversion rates for my new online store?

Dispomal
Excursionist
64 0 5

Hi,

Just launched my store at www.dispomal.com, was wondering if anyone might could take a look at my store and see if i missed anything obvious that could effect my conversion rates negatively? Or if you also would like to get me general feedback i would appreciate it alot 😃

Thanks!

Replies 8 (8)

Dan-From-Ryviu
Shopify Partner
7545 1454 1452

Hi @Dispomal, congrats, you have a nice store but it will take a time for your ads learn and optimize.

Also, recommend you add reviews with photos for your products, it can help you increase trust and sales. 

- Helpful? Like or Accept solution! - Buy me a coffee
- Ryviu - Product Reviews app, collect product reviews, import reviews from AliExpress, Amazon, Etsy, Shopee and Walmart and CSV.
- Lookfy app: Easy and fast to create Photo Gallery, Lookbook, Shop The Look
- Enjoy 1 month of Shopify for $1. Sign up now

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2330 454 397

Hey @Dispomal.

Thanks for reaching out. 

I appreciate that you have provided your online store URL for us to explore! Looking into your online store, I noticed that you are using an announcement bar to inform your customers of a free shipping offer available. That is a great way to grab your visitors attention and make them aware of the savings. You could add a discount code to the announcement as well to create more of a buyer incentive. 

You have beautiful products available! What do you think about including a slideshow section as the first section under the header? As this can allow you to showcase more of your products allowing your visitors to learn more about the business without scrolling. 

I did want to bring to your attention that you currently do not have a favicon added to your homepage. A favicon is a small square image that displaying on the browser tab and represents the website. Typically, the image will be the business logo or first letter of the business. You can add a favicon to your online store to strengthen your brand and display business legitimacy.

Let me know if you have any questions.  

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Entaice
Pathfinder
121 7 36

Hi there, welcome to the Shopify community!  

When you're just getting started, I think its usually most helpful to find a few example stores for design inspiration.  These are five of the high converting stores people usually reference when trying to figure out how to build out their Shopify stores.  We also wrote a merchandising-specific guide here if you're interested:

https://www.entaice.com/blog/ultimate-guide-to-collection-merchandising

1. Allbirds - Allbirds' Shopify store is clean, easy-to-navigate, and uses great visuals to showcase its products. The site also employs urgency techniques, like showing low stock levels. URL: https://www.allbirds.com

2. Gymshark - Gymshark's website provides a great shopping experience with clear product categories, high-quality product images, customer reviews, and an easy checkout process. URL: https://www.gymshark.com

3. MVMT Watches - MVMT uses high-quality images and videos, clear call-to-action buttons, and simple navigation. They also utilize social proof by showing customer reviews and ratings. URL: https://www.mvmt.com

4. Kylie Cosmetics - This site is clean, colorful, and uses high-quality visuals. The use of influencer marketing and the scarcity technique (limited edition products) also boosts conversions. URL: https://www.kyliecosmetics.com

5. Pura Vida Bracelets - This site uses vibrant images, user-generated content, and customer reviews. They also have a monthly subscription offer which helps increase customer lifetime value. URL: https://www.puravidabracelets.com

You can increase your revenue by 5% by replacing Shopify's default sorts. Test for free. **Show me how**
Dispomal
Excursionist
64 0 5

Thanks for sharing that, really helpful!

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 535

Hello @Dispomal,

This is Gina from flareAI app helping Shopify merchants get $7Million+ in sales from Google Search, on autopilot.

I've taken a look at your store. Nice collection! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website. See shopify help here
2. Display store's contact info like phone number, email address, and office address in the Contact Us page.
3. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional. Testimonials allow your satisfied customers to step forward and address the questions and objections that fill the minds of your prospective buyers for you.
4. Enhance the collection pages by incorporating comprehensive filters, enabling your visitors to easily refine their search for specific products and discover items of interest based on specific features such as size, color, and category.
5. Add average ratings for each product
Including both user rating and number of ratings on the products will help users to make decision whether to buy your product or not.
6. Add sticky header
Adding sticky header allow users to quickly access the navigation, search, and utility-navigation elements without scrolling up to the top of the page. They increase the discoverability of the elements in the header and the chance that users will take advantage of them.
7. Add Blogging in the store
Blogging is an amazing way to drive traffic to your website and increase your SEO. The more your blog, the more content the search engines have to crawl and index. This means they can easily recognize that your site is a resource of information for people to access.
8. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
The Green Machine – DISPOMAL 2023-08-03 10-39-25.png
9. Also add social medias other than Intagram for the store to increase the traffic. By showcasing your social media profiles in the footer, you can raise awareness of your brand and increase your online presence, making it easier for customers to engage with you and share your content.
10. Offer a dedicated checkout option for individual products, bypassing the need to add them to the cart.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Gina

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing

PageFly-Kate
Shopify Partner
1089 325 320

Hi @Dispomal ,

This is Kate from PageFly - Shopify Landing Page Builder app. 

Congrats on your new store! Your store looks so pretty with color panels and high-quality images, and I can tell you've put in much effort. I understand that building a beautiful website is not simple. From my Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) expertise, I'd love to give you my suggestions that might be helpful for your homepage:

1. Optimize your hero banner

The hero banner is crucial as it's the first thing visitors see when they land on your website. Hence, there is a need to ensure all the content is fully visible. You can consider moving the main objects to one side and utilizing the remaining space to add a captivating heading and subheading such as your name store, name of product or motto. This will effectively introduce your store's name or the product you're selling, allowing visitors to understand your offerings within the first 5 seconds.

PageFlyKate_0-1691114839607.png

2. Make the CTA button more prominent

The Call-to-Action (CTA) button plays a pivotal role in increasing conversion rates, as it encourages customers to make a purchase. Therefore, it's essential to make it stand out from the background. You can achieve this by adding color changes or animation effects, such as a shadow effect when the mouse hovers over it. This will make the CTA button more attractive and engaging, enticing visitors to click and make a purchase.

PageFlyKate_1-1691114839618.png

PageFlyKate_2-1691114839666.png

If you don’t know how to choose for CTA button, let’s take a look at a Pinterest search:

PageFlyKate_5-1691115088315.png

3. Use reviews or social proof

Testimonials or ratings always play an important role in building trust with your customers. I bet that your customers will be more trusted when seeing this and have no more hesitation to click buy one. 

Here is an example:

PageFlyKate_3-1691114840190.png

4. Show Product list with CTA buttons

Based on my experience, one of the effective ways to improve higher conversion rates is adding a prominent call-to-action (CTA) button on every product in the product list. This shortcut allows potential customers to make quick purchases without the need for additional clicks to access detailed product information.

You can refer to how a well-know brand such as Colourpop applies this:

PageFlyKate_4-1691114839992.png

5. Add content about upcoming shopping events to attract customers

I've noticed that your product list aligns quite well with the upcoming shopping events, such as BFCM (Black Friday and Cyber Monday), Christmas, or New Year's Event. This presents a fantastic opportunity for you to prepare for these occasions and enhance your CRO through effective promotional campaigns. Prepare well in advance, and I'm confident that you'll see positive results from these promotional campaigns.

To help you make the most of these opportunities, I have some recommendations for you to consider:

• Offer enticing promotions and discounts, including attractive deals and bundle offers for your Black Friday collection. Consider providing special discounts, freebies, or exclusive incentives to entice shoppers and drive sales.
  • Create a dedicated Black Friday landing page on your website. This page should showcase your featured products, promotions, and campaign information with an appealing design that complements the holiday theme. Ensure that it is user-friendly for easy navigation and seamless purchases.

I hope you find these suggestions helpful for optimizing your website's conversion rate. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to reach out. Wishing you all the best with your online venture!

Best regards,

Kate | PageFly team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Dispomal
Excursionist
64 0 5

Thank you so much amazing information! Tried to find another button for this but didnt manage to find anything good that also dont cover the total picture on mobile version? 

Dispomal_0-1691181977586.png

PageFly-Kate
Shopify Partner
1089 325 320

Hi @Dispomal ,

Thank you for your response. I'm glad that it helps.

From my own lens, there are two ways that you can refer to improve your button on hero banner:

1. Select contrasting colors for the button in its normal and hover states

One approach is to make the button transparent in its normal state, and when the mouse hovers over it, add more shadow and change its color to white like this:

PageFlyKate_0-1691424160129.gif

Another one is that you can select a color for the button that maintains the same style as your hero banner in its normal state. When the mouse hovers over it, the button should transform into a transparent element with a zoom effect, similar to the example provided:

PageFlyKate_1-1691424160116.gif

2. Make your page mobile responsive

To prevent the button from covering the entire background image in mobile view mode, consider enlarging the hero banner and placing the button on it. This adjustment will ensure a visually appealing and user-friendly design. You can refer to this example from PageFly template library.

PageFlyKate_2-1691424160105.png

If you are still struggling to choose prominent buttons or create a beautiful layout for your page, please consider using website builders like PageFly, Shogun,... They will assist you in building your page more easily than ever before by providing you with much more free templates.

Hope my suggestions are helpful and can solve your matter.
Cheers,

Kate | PageFly team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.