Solved

How can I improve my new online pet store?

ThePet
Tourist
8 0 0

Hello Everyone,

I need feedback on my newly created store.

thepetsies.com

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (2)

Kitana
Shopify Staff
159 10 38

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ThePet, welcome to the Shopify Community. 

I took a look at your store and I think it's beautiful. It's very easy to use, easy to navigate, and simple but not too simple. It has a very professional feel to it and it looks very trustworthy. I love that all the important information customers might want to find is right on the home page, and your footer navigation is very straight forward. 

I think you could add more slides to your slideshow, maybe some product photos and some stock photos of people with their pets. By adding some people and their pets between some of the products it really can make pet parents think of their four legged babies and make them want your product even more since they are seeing themselves in those photos. 

I also think by adding an entry popup and/or an exit popup you can entice customers to sign up for your mailing list, and then you can market directly to them. I'm not sure if you offer any new customers a discount, but I did see the rewards discount you offer. I would suggest offering a 10% off for new customers, and the 15% off for the rewards program you have. This way people don't have to spend anything to get a discount and they are more likely to place an order because of the automatic discount offered for joining your mailing list. 

Overall I love your store and the product, I think it's a great personalized gift for someone and a great product to buy for yourself. 

Kitana | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

permar
Shopify Partner
24 2 3

Hi ThePet,

the store already looks pretty good.

Some things from my side:

• Change the headline to something that really explains your product. Currently, you just use your brands name
  • Number of reviews next to the stars seem a bit large to me.
  • I would try to add social proof at the very top. You could use your nav bar to display the number of 5 star reviews
  • On your Product Page, you don't mention the material of your product. For me, that would be quite important.
  • I like that you add icons below the ATC Button to add more trust. But guaranteed quality and satisfaction guarantuee are pretty similar. 
  • In general, I am personally not a fan of the grey color code (gives me a 2012 windows vibe). 
  • Overall, you are at a very good stage.

What have you planned for Black Friday?

Get Permar AI  | Helping Shopify merchants grow with high-converting online stores!
  • - Do you want to higher conversion rates? Create your optimised landing pages with Permar
  • - Do you want to know how to improve your store? Then do an AI Audit
  • - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution .

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Kitana
Shopify Staff
159 10 38

Hi @ThePet, welcome to the Shopify Community. 

I took a look at your store and I think it's beautiful. It's very easy to use, easy to navigate, and simple but not too simple. It has a very professional feel to it and it looks very trustworthy. I love that all the important information customers might want to find is right on the home page, and your footer navigation is very straight forward. 

I think you could add more slides to your slideshow, maybe some product photos and some stock photos of people with their pets. By adding some people and their pets between some of the products it really can make pet parents think of their four legged babies and make them want your product even more since they are seeing themselves in those photos. 

I also think by adding an entry popup and/or an exit popup you can entice customers to sign up for your mailing list, and then you can market directly to them. I'm not sure if you offer any new customers a discount, but I did see the rewards discount you offer. I would suggest offering a 10% off for new customers, and the 15% off for the rewards program you have. This way people don't have to spend anything to get a discount and they are more likely to place an order because of the automatic discount offered for joining your mailing list. 

Overall I love your store and the product, I think it's a great personalized gift for someone and a great product to buy for yourself. 

Kitana | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

permar
Shopify Partner
24 2 3

Hi ThePet,

the store already looks pretty good.

Some things from my side:

• Change the headline to something that really explains your product. Currently, you just use your brands name
  • Number of reviews next to the stars seem a bit large to me.
  • I would try to add social proof at the very top. You could use your nav bar to display the number of 5 star reviews
  • On your Product Page, you don't mention the material of your product. For me, that would be quite important.
  • I like that you add icons below the ATC Button to add more trust. But guaranteed quality and satisfaction guarantuee are pretty similar. 
  • In general, I am personally not a fan of the grey color code (gives me a 2012 windows vibe). 
  • Overall, you are at a very good stage.

What have you planned for Black Friday?

Get Permar AI  | Helping Shopify merchants grow with high-converting online stores!
  • - Do you want to higher conversion rates? Create your optimised landing pages with Permar
  • - Do you want to know how to improve your store? Then do an AI Audit
  • - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution .