Solved

How can I improve my new online store for better sales?

InspirationIncl
Visitor
1 0 2

Hello everyone,

I have a new store and am struggling to get sales at this time. I'm getting around 250 visitors on my site every day but it's not translating into sales. Could you please take a look and give me some feedback? One area I am working on is editing my product titles as I can't stand the long descriptions that many come with. my store is inspirationincluded.ca  Please be gentle, I'm new at this 🙂

Fran

Accepted Solutions (3)

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 173

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, Fran! 

Welcome to the Community! Definitely a great place to gather some input regarding anything about the platform! Thank you for choosing us as partners in your new business venture. 

Please refer to the following for some of my feedback regarding your store: 

• It seems like you are using a Shopify-made theme, if so, check out this help document as it will provide you 60 minutes of design time from our themes team. 
  • I also recommend finding a more concrete niche to provide your store more of a brand identity. I have found this great blog post from us that helps you in doing this. 
  • I have also found this other blog post that goes over trendy products to sell that may help you in this task. 
  • Definitely a great idea to shorten those product titles as well. I can see this helping your store stand out more than other dropshipping stores.
  • We also have this other blog post that helps you make a sale in your first 30 days that is definitely worth the look! 

There is definitely a lot of information to be reviewed here so take your time but feel free to get back to us with your thoughts and we can keep assisting you moving forward. I look forward to hearing more from you. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3058

Hi @InspirationIncl ,

This is Victor from PageFly -Shopify Landing Page Builder App. I would like to give my feedback. Hope this can help!

HOME PAGE:

1. Highlight core products and brand features

PageFlyVictor_2-1675247601784.png

I took a quick scan at your store and found some places could need improvement. Currently, it’s unclear which product is your strength product. Your store can carry a wide range of products but it will be more beneficial for you to focus on some key items when it comes to promotion. 

• I suggest you design a hero banner and change the heading to a short sentence and a short paragraph that captures the following information: What you sell, Who you are, The values you offer. 
  • Investing in bespoke product photography is also a great way to increase professionalism and credibility 

2. Make your CTA button more noticeable 

PageFlyVictor_5-1675248326660.png

In this picture, your button has a thin white border, no background and thin, white text, which can be easily blended into the section’s background. Customers can easily skip your button and your conversion rate could be not as high as expected because of this.  

COLLECTION PAGE

3. Shorten the product names 

PageFlyVictor_6-1675248327470.png

It’s definitely necessary to change your current product names into something shorter and memorable. I understand the long name was meant for SEO but I suggest adding keywords to the product description for a sleek and clean aesthetic. 

PRODUCT PAGE

4.Add more information in product descriptions on Product details page 

I clicked on a random product and had a look at your product details. It’s clear that you have a lot of product variants, however, the product description needs more information to portray a clear vision of your products. 

PageFlyVictor_7-1675248327024.png

• I suggest adding the following information: country of origin, percentage of each material, storing instructions, measurement,...
  • More product photography comparing sizes will also help your customers purchase the right product for their usage. 

Furthermore, for the upcoming Valentine's Day, will you run any campaigns? Here are some promotion ideas for your campaigns, I hope they will be useful for you.

1. Personalize Your Offer for Valentine's Day

Gift-giving is almost like a ritual on Valentine’s day. You can make the most out of it by offering products around Valentine's theme.

• If you already have products that people buy on Valentine’s Day, give them a little touch of love. It doesn’t matter if you’re selling a digital or a physical product.
  • If you don’t have a physical product, you can still curate special Valentine's Day offers around your services that can be used on Valentine’s Day like “two for one” or “buy one, get one” deals. 

2. Mention Your Delivery Time & Rates Clearly

Delivery time is one of those things that can make or break your business. And if it’s some holiday, buyers take the delivery dates too seriously. To convert these visitors into potential buyers, mention your delivery dates clearly across your website, app, and emails. Also, specify the last date to place an order to reach on time.

PageFlyVictor_4-1675247897796.png

3. Create Gift Guides

As mentioned earlier, Valentine’s Day is the season of gift-giving. But, when it comes to finding a perfect gift, people have what’s called a perpetual dilemma. 

You can do this by making Valentine's day gift guide. Break the guide into sections based on gender, interests, or personality traits like this: 

• By Category: Valentine’s Day gifts for her/him, couples, teenagers
  • By Price Range: Best Valentine’s Day gift under $25, $50, $100
  • By Interest: Gift ideas for art lovers, dog lovers, and foodies

Let me know if you have any questions. Wish you the best of luck!

Victor | PageFly

Rayshuggs
Globetrotter
561 35 83

Hello @InspirationIncl I have had a look at your store and allow me to suggest a few things I think that could help you with sales.

1) Link your social media accounts on the homepage. This makes it much easier for customers to keep up and connect with your business.

2) Insert a FAQ page on the homepage. This would help provide answers to certain questions likely to come from a curious customer. 
3) Bundle products together to entice customers even more. For example, you could bundle a dog bed, blanket, and pillow all at one product price. So the customer just gets everything in a much more straightforward manner. Here, the Bundler- Product Bundles App can come into play to help out big time in making and even editing the bundles. This is the link of you’ll need it https://apps.shopify.com/bundler-product-bundles

Replies 5 (5)

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 173

Hi there, Fran! 

Welcome to the Community! Definitely a great place to gather some input regarding anything about the platform! Thank you for choosing us as partners in your new business venture. 

Please refer to the following for some of my feedback regarding your store: 

• It seems like you are using a Shopify-made theme, if so, check out this help document as it will provide you 60 minutes of design time from our themes team. 
  • I also recommend finding a more concrete niche to provide your store more of a brand identity. I have found this great blog post from us that helps you in doing this. 
  • I have also found this other blog post that goes over trendy products to sell that may help you in this task. 
  • Definitely a great idea to shorten those product titles as well. I can see this helping your store stand out more than other dropshipping stores.
  • We also have this other blog post that helps you make a sale in your first 30 days that is definitely worth the look! 

There is definitely a lot of information to be reviewed here so take your time but feel free to get back to us with your thoughts and we can keep assisting you moving forward. I look forward to hearing more from you. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3058

Hi @InspirationIncl ,

This is Victor from PageFly -Shopify Landing Page Builder App. I would like to give my feedback. Hope this can help!

HOME PAGE:

1. Highlight core products and brand features

PageFlyVictor_2-1675247601784.png

I took a quick scan at your store and found some places could need improvement. Currently, it’s unclear which product is your strength product. Your store can carry a wide range of products but it will be more beneficial for you to focus on some key items when it comes to promotion. 

• I suggest you design a hero banner and change the heading to a short sentence and a short paragraph that captures the following information: What you sell, Who you are, The values you offer. 
  • Investing in bespoke product photography is also a great way to increase professionalism and credibility 

2. Make your CTA button more noticeable 

PageFlyVictor_5-1675248326660.png

In this picture, your button has a thin white border, no background and thin, white text, which can be easily blended into the section’s background. Customers can easily skip your button and your conversion rate could be not as high as expected because of this.  

COLLECTION PAGE

3. Shorten the product names 

PageFlyVictor_6-1675248327470.png

It’s definitely necessary to change your current product names into something shorter and memorable. I understand the long name was meant for SEO but I suggest adding keywords to the product description for a sleek and clean aesthetic. 

PRODUCT PAGE

4.Add more information in product descriptions on Product details page 

I clicked on a random product and had a look at your product details. It’s clear that you have a lot of product variants, however, the product description needs more information to portray a clear vision of your products. 

PageFlyVictor_7-1675248327024.png

• I suggest adding the following information: country of origin, percentage of each material, storing instructions, measurement,...
  • More product photography comparing sizes will also help your customers purchase the right product for their usage. 

Furthermore, for the upcoming Valentine's Day, will you run any campaigns? Here are some promotion ideas for your campaigns, I hope they will be useful for you.

1. Personalize Your Offer for Valentine's Day

Gift-giving is almost like a ritual on Valentine’s day. You can make the most out of it by offering products around Valentine's theme.

• If you already have products that people buy on Valentine’s Day, give them a little touch of love. It doesn’t matter if you’re selling a digital or a physical product.
  • If you don’t have a physical product, you can still curate special Valentine's Day offers around your services that can be used on Valentine’s Day like “two for one” or “buy one, get one” deals. 

2. Mention Your Delivery Time & Rates Clearly

Delivery time is one of those things that can make or break your business. And if it’s some holiday, buyers take the delivery dates too seriously. To convert these visitors into potential buyers, mention your delivery dates clearly across your website, app, and emails. Also, specify the last date to place an order to reach on time.

PageFlyVictor_4-1675247897796.png

3. Create Gift Guides

As mentioned earlier, Valentine’s Day is the season of gift-giving. But, when it comes to finding a perfect gift, people have what’s called a perpetual dilemma. 

You can do this by making Valentine's day gift guide. Break the guide into sections based on gender, interests, or personality traits like this: 

• By Category: Valentine’s Day gifts for her/him, couples, teenagers
  • By Price Range: Best Valentine’s Day gift under $25, $50, $100
  • By Interest: Gift ideas for art lovers, dog lovers, and foodies

Let me know if you have any questions. Wish you the best of luck!

Victor | PageFly

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 535

Hello @InspirationIncl,

This is Gina from flareAI app. Hope you are having a good day!

I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can increase sales.

1. Add more detailed product description in product pages. The product description should provide visitors with important information about the features and benefits of the product so they are motivated to buy.
Women Rose Gold Phoenix Feather Necklace with Colorful Crystals from S – InspirationIncluded 2023-02-01 02-11-53.png
2. Display store's contact info like phone number, email address, and office address in the Contact Us page.
3. Add a FAQ page to provide information on frequent questions or concerns
4. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
5. Showing your average rating gives your shoppers quick information to make purchase decisions. Average ratings provide you with feedback on popular and unpopular products that you can use to make changes.
6. Add sticky header
Adding sticky header allow users to quickly access the navigation, search, and utility-navigation elements without scrolling up to the top of the page. They increase the discoverability of the elements in the header and the chance that users will take advantage of them.
7. Make About Us page more personal, likable, and believable so that your prospects are more likely to be comfortable buying from you. Put a face to your business, featuring the founders or the people on your team. You can include images also on the About Us page.

Gina

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing

Rayshuggs
Globetrotter
561 35 83

Hello @InspirationIncl I have had a look at your store and allow me to suggest a few things I think that could help you with sales.

1) Link your social media accounts on the homepage. This makes it much easier for customers to keep up and connect with your business.

2) Insert a FAQ page on the homepage. This would help provide answers to certain questions likely to come from a curious customer. 
3) Bundle products together to entice customers even more. For example, you could bundle a dog bed, blanket, and pillow all at one product price. So the customer just gets everything in a much more straightforward manner. Here, the Bundler- Product Bundles App can come into play to help out big time in making and even editing the bundles. This is the link of you’ll need it https://apps.shopify.com/bundler-product-bundles

StickySpherePro
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey guys, check out our profile and store to purchase your very own portable and reusable lint, hair, and dust remover! BUY YOUR STICKYSPHERE PRO NOW: https://308f51-5e.myshopify.com/