How can I improve my new online store's customer experience?

Havi-Neess
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Shopify Friends,

I am new to the platform and would love to learn how to be successful like the rest of you. I have spent sometime tweaking my product pages and website and would love to get some feedback from anyone on what you think would help improve the experience.

I know that the number one tip is always not to be so critical/focused on your website but I can't help but think that I am either not marketing well enough or my website is just not attractive enough to get sales. Thank You! 

www.haviness.com 

Replies 3 (3)

Gojiberry-Amee
Shopify Partner
179 12 48

Hi Havi-neess, 

This is Amee from Gojiberry - Shopify Survey & Feedback App

I took a look at your store and have a few suggestions that will help increase your conversion rate: 

1. Call to action button. Add some call-to-action buttons under your products on your landing page, as well as on your product page. 

2. Connect Social Media. If you already have a growing Instagram account, it would help to connect the feed to your main site, thus giving it more social proof. Research shows that 76% of customers buy products seen on social media posts. 

3.  Updating your site. The banner at the beginning kind of threw me off a bit. I think it's better to have a banner of your featured product. If your customers want to know what your shop is about, they can go to "about us" to find out. Also, make sure you unify the fonts you have used in the site and keep a good consistency. For reference, this is one of the anime focused site that is doing very well: https://solarisjapan.com/ 

4. Influencer Collab. Since you have visually appealing products, it would be good to connect with micro-influencers, send them some of your pieces, and ask them to create some content for your social media as well as your Shopify store. 

5. Connecting online with offline. If you have a showroom / physical store, make sure to always be telling your customers about your online store, adding a quick card with your online store address provides your new customers a chance to purchase again without coming to your physical store. 

6. Testimonials. Try to showcase at least 5 testimonials on your site. Whether it's from friends and family, or your offline store customers. Having some social proof helps boost consumer confidence in your site. 

7. Ask your customers! (Most effective for increasing conversion) When you have some converting customers, ask them how they found out about your shop. You can easily do so with a post-purchase survey app, and reward your customers with coupons/points to keep them coming back again. Once you find out your strongest marketing channel, focus more effort and money on that.

Hope this helps! 

Amee | Gojiberry Team 

If you like my suggestion please give it a LIKE or mark it as a solution! ★★★★★

Gojiberry - Best post-purchase survey and feedback app for Shopify | Install on App Store for free
Shopify Community is helpful, BUT... why not start asking your customers for feedback instead?

The Ultimate 12 Best Practices to Growing Your Shopify Store

PageFly-Kate
Shopify Partner
1077 323 316

Hi @Havi-Neess

I'm Kate from PageFly - Shopify Landing Page Builder app. 

With my experience in building high-converting stores, I’d like to suggest some improvements that you could apply to your product page to convert your shop better: 

1. Improve your hero banner 

Hero banner attracts customer's attention on their first screen quickly. Because this is the stage to set the tone and establish your brand identity. In this part, you should include: 

• Engaging Imagery or Video: Use high-quality images or videos that represent your products or brand ethos.
  • Main Call-to-Action (CTA): Place a prominent CTA on the most suitable position of the hero banner. This could be a "Shop Now" button or a special offer.

Where should be improved: 

PageFlyKate_0-1705043152235.png

Reference: 

PageFlyKate_1-1705043152229.png

2. Add a benefits section under the hero bar

This section could highlight key benefits like free shipping, easy returns, or exclusive products. By showing these benefits, you might increase customer satisfaction and positive feelings to buy from you. Keep in mind that this part should be short but detailed enough to catch the attention. 

Where should be improved: 

PageFlyKate_2-1705043152230.png

Reference:

PageFlyKate_3-1705043152226.png

3. Add special offers or promotions

You can use a countdown timer for limited-time offers to create urgency. 

Reference:

PageFlyKate_6-1705043554734.png

4. Organize your homepage for conversion-optimized 

It's about creating touch points for visitors when they visit your store. The right emotion may turn them into customers. You can check this order, which is suggested by PageFly’s CRO expert: 

PageFlyKate_5-1705043152227.png

Continue your excellent work and remain patient. Hope my opinions can help you in your journey. 

Best regards, 

Kate | PageFly

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Clayton_Bates
Shopify Expert
1173 92 307

Hi  @Havi-Neess 

Clayton Bates here. Registered Shopify Expert. 

Few Tips Below 

1 Homepage

Needs to flow this page, you have done good job already but I think this way will work better, maybe worth trying for 1-2 weeks  

• Banner Image (Goes To All Products)
  • Featured Collection (Best Sellers)
  • Collection List
  • Reviews
  • Story
  • Featured Collection (New Arrivals and/or Sale)
  • Instagram Feed (If you have nice images on Instagram)

2 Product Page

I'd remove vender and display like this 

• Product title 
  • Reviews 
  • Price 
  • Variants
  • Qty selector
  • Add To Cart 
  • Pay In 4 

Also make the product image follow you down the page on desktop. This will remove more blank space on the site

3 Site Navigation 

This is so important to make it easy for users to navigate the website. About 33%+ of people use the site navigation on website. The footer menus are also really important. 

I made a detailed video going over how you can update this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQbxMz0eMhY

4 Checkout

This looks completely different from the rest of the website. It's really important there isn't a disconnect when people go to that page. 

This video shows you how to update it also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRou9ME_WHo&t=53s

I'd also add special instructions into your cart. About 1/10-20 people leave special instructions and this is good for customer support. 

5 Mobile friendly

Overall good just needs some tweaks.

The below link has lots more free videos to learn from also

https://www.youtube.com/@ClaytonBatesShopifyExpert/videos

Pretty much anything is possible when you put your mind to it. 

Cheers

FREE Tutorial Videos On YouTube --->CLICK HERE

Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

100 + Client Reviews --->VIEW

Multiple Award Winner --->CLICK HERE