How can I improve my new store, SpoiltRoyal?

Kevin10101
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi there, 

I have created a new store and would welcome the honest feedback on the current usability and also any improvements that you think I could make for the store to be successful alongside yours! 

Shop is called SpoiltRoyal - https://spoiltroyal.myshopify.com/

I appreciate all help, 

Thank you in advance, 

Kevin

Replies 6 (6)
Kevin10101
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Nuel, 

Thanks for the feedback, it is really appreciated. 

Some of these points I have changed already such as the trust signals (Albeit i aim to add more!) and also agree with the product description. 

I'll post again when I have made more changes! 

Thank you

StephensWorld
Shopify Expert
1327 155 325

Hey Kevin,

Just off of a quick view of the site, you're missing 3 very important things:

1 - A custom logo (I recommend getting one made from a high-rated artist on Fiverr)

2 - A custom domain name (I recommend purchasing from GoDaddy.com) and then you can follow the steps here (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains/add-a-domain/connecting-domains/connect-domain-manual) to connect it to your Shopify store.

3 - A custom favicon (if you're getting a logo made on Fiverr, you can also probably have them create a favicon that matches for an extra $5 or so). 

Aside from the above, I would also recommend reevaluating your collections. You have a number of collections that only have one product in them. The goal is to make it as easy as possible for your customers to navigate the site (think: as few clicks as possible). So it's probably best to combine some of those categories. For example, your "pets & accessories" dropdown has 4 different collections in it ... you could probably just combine all 4 of those into a single "pets & accessories" collection. 

I'd also make sure you have a title and description set within your 'store preferences' settings (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/seo/adding-keywords#edit-the-title-and-meta-d...). 

Cheers,

Stephen

Cheers,

Stephen

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

https://stephens.world
support@stephensworld.ca

Kevin10101
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Stephen, 

Thank you for looking through the site, it is greatly appreciated and extremely helpful to have another set of eyes that can give some pointers! 

I've purchased a domain from go daddy and it should be incorporated into the site. If not I shall look into it.

Also the other two I will research into.

Good point about the dropdown options, I initially thought that having them seperate could be beneficial but maybe this negates the user experience too much! 

I welcome you to review my site again in the coming days once I have optimised some more! 

Thanks,

Kevin

snapshot
Shopify Partner
7 1 1

Not bad, just a few suggestions:

• It's a pet store right? That's not really obvious when you first land on the page, I'd make the txt in the hero more succinct
  • Text in hero is a bit difficult to read against the images
  • I'd also probably change the hero image, maybe one high quality image or a custom-designed graphic
  • Needs a logo
  • Needs a domain name (.com ideally)
  • The blog section at the bottom of the home page with "Welcome to our online store..." seems a bit pointless, its just a wall of text that no one will read. Do you know how many people visit your store and go to the blog? You should be able to figure that out from your analytics but I'd bet its not that many
  • About us page:
    • add some personality here, maybe add some high quality photos of the founders
    • remove the logo at the bottom, doesn't match the site
  • Contact information page in the footer is different to header
  • The theme is the same theme that most new stores use, try something different, you want to stand out not look like all the other stores
  • Product photos
    • They are a bit random. Some lifestyle shots, some taken from supplier, some bad photoshops. These need to be standardised to strengthen brand
    • You can either take photos yourself (or pay a photographer) or use an app like Snapshot (which I built). It uses AI to create high-quality product photos from a regular photo taken with your phone or from a supplier.
    • A random company logo on the home page just under the hero, I'd remove that, doesn't really serve a purpose
  • Seasonal product collections don't have many products, and they all seem a but random
Snapshot AI: High-converting product photos in seconds
apps.shopify.com/snapshot

PageFly-Garcia
Navigator
426 72 127

Hi @Kevin10101 

I am Garcia from PageFly - Shopify Advanced Page Builder App. I really like the simple and elegant design of the page. It's easy to navigate and I can quickly find the information I'm looking for. From my CRO expertise, I have some feedback for your Store and hope that they can help you increase the design.

Avoid a “busy” hero banner

It is a bit difficult to read the text on the banner. Avoid cluttering the hero banner with too much text. Stick to a headline, subheadline, and a CTA button. About the image, I recommend use either of the images. Use high-quality, relevant images or graphics that resonate with your brand or message.

PageFlyGarcia_0-1699202746241.png

Display related products with collections

It provides customers with additional options that complement the products they are already interested in, potentially leading to increased sales.

PageFlyGarcia_1-1699202746324.png

Highlight CTA buttons and text

Well-highlighted CTAs are more likely to catch the user's attention, resulting in higher click-through rates and improved conversion rates. This can be done by adding hover state for the buttons or using bold style for important info in the paragraph. 

PageFlyGarcia_2-1699202746055.png

Prepare landing page for your Seasonal collections
Create dedicated landing pages for specific holiday promotions or events. These pages can highlight exclusive deals and provide a cohesive holiday experience for visitors.

PageFlyGarcia_3-1699202745988.png

Make use of social media

You can create shoppable Instagram feeds to showcase your products and boost sales.

Besides that, Adding a shoppable Instagram Shopify is also one of the most effective ways to increase the conversion rate. It allows your customers to shop right in your Instagram feed and get more sales.

PageFlyGarcia_4-1699202746270.png

In case you have any questions, please let me know. Have a great day ahead!

Cheers,
Garcia

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hey @Kevin10101.

Thanks for reaching out. 

I appreciate that you have included your online store URL for us to explore - it looks like you have received lots of great feedback!

Looking into your URL, I noticed that you are using the announcement bar to welcome your customers to your store. What do you think about including a free shipping offer or discount code to create a buyer incentive? This can get your visitors curious and begin to browse through the available products. 

You could additionally add a slideshow section to the homepage to make it more engaging and interactive. This can also help strengthen your brand by allowing you to showcase your products. For example, you could add the slideshow as the first section on the homepage to have it visible under the header navigation menu. You could add your favorite products or best sellers to the slides to allow your visitors to learn more about the business and products. 

Get a custom domain for your store to have more control over your brand and store. You can connect a third-party domain to your Shopify store or purchase a custom domain from the Shopify platform. This will allow you to direct your visitors to Examplestorename.com rather than the .myshopify.com domain that is provided with your online store.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog