How can I improve my newly created online stores?

kobed2323
Visitor
1 0 2

Hey shopify community. Just created my first two stores! I attached the links to both and I would love some feedback about them.  Let me know what you think!

https://autumnglow.us

https://pumpkinplush.shop

Replies 3 (3)

MooseDesk
Shopify Partner
129 20 51

Hi @kobed2323 

This is MooseDesk - All-in-one Shopify Ticketing System App also an UX enthusiast 😉 

First of all, congratulations on the opening of your stores! They are truly impressive (I like the beige color), and I can see your dedication. While they are already fine, I do have some suggestions to make them even better.

Here are a few of my recommendations please kindly check 😄

A. For https://autumnglow.us

1. Add a favicon

- Autumn Glow hasn't had a favicon. I suggest you to include this to make your site looks more professional. Here's the Shopify Guide on how to set up a favicon

Screenshot (14).png

2. Home Page

MooseDesk_0-1695955358363.png

- This is the Hero Section of a website and it the first place to impress the customers. I think your picture is really good however the arrangement does not bring out the best of it. We have many space on the left and right of the picture. I suggest you can make the hero picture wider and fill all the space cause it will impress visitors and make them want to scroll further

- Another point is the the overlapping textbox on the pic. Since they have no border, stroke or shadow, the way it blends to the background and overlaps on the picture makes it quite unorganized. 

=> I propose a hero section with filled hero picture with Headline and CTA placed on the picture. Below is the reference of GymShark that uses the same layout

MooseDesk_1-1695955760623.png

- I love the beige color of your web however I believe that you can use another shade of this color to make each section stand out better. Currently all background color of the element has the same color as the background, making it somehow blend into the background and bring no focal point to the home page.

Another thing to consider is adding shadow to your header cause its background color is beige too so it also blends into the background when scrolling up and down. 

MooseDesk_4-1695956736817.png

- I suggest moving the email subscribe section to the bottom of the page and bring the 'On Sale' section up since the main thing about homepage is to showcasing as many products as possible while visitors still scrolling. Placing it at the bottom might reduce the chance of it being seen by the visitors.

You can also add more section to display your product better like: Featured Product, Featured Collection

MooseDesk_3-1695956631670.png

3. Support

MooseDesk_6-1695957592505.png

(Sorry in advance if my test bugs your support team.)

So a very important in creating great user/customer experience is designing a place where customers can easily feedback their experience. There are some recommendations I have for you:

- Currently when I test there is no reply message and this might make customers feel like they are talking to the voice.

You should include a predefined template/auto reply when you don't present at the moment. Some simple message like "We've got your message, since we support from 4-6PM, let we check the ticket and reply you soon" <<< The point is letting your customers know your operation hour and making sure we got the ticket.

Talking into void is not a great feeling so it is crucial to have such thing available. MooseDesk is a FREE customer service app/ticketing system that could help you do that. So if you want to give MooseDesk a try, feel free to do it and hit our 24/7 support so we can help you enhance UX experience.

4.. Product Page.

MooseDesk_5-1695957048448.png

- The Free Return and Shipping should be put under the description

- You might want to add another section called 'You Might Also Like' under the main product section to upsell - crossell and hook the visitors to explore more other products from your stores

B. For https://pumpkinplush.shop 

Pumpkin Plush also has some similar problems like Autumn, for example:

- The hero section can be optimized with left space and right space.

- Adding shadow under the sticky header

- The Product Page should have the Shipping Return section under not on top of the page

MooseDesk_7-1695959961592.png

---

So those are my recommendations for your sites. Hope it brings you some new insights 🙂

If this is helpful for you, please let me know by giving me a 'LIKE'. If your question is answered please mark this as 'SOLUTION’. It would make my day!!

Once again, thank you! 

Get MooseDesk | Customer Support/Ticketing System App for Shopify
- Call me Moosey
- Was Moosey's Reply helpful? Give me a carrot ... I mean 'Like'
- Was your question answered? Mark Moosey's Reply as an Accepted Solution

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

Hello, @kobed2323!

I have had a look at both stores, you have done a stellar job!

I can see you're going for a seasonal market here - are you planning to open similar stores for the Christmas period?

Since we are already in Autumn, now would be a crucial time for you to advertise

You can approach this in many different ways, and below I have some suggestions: 

Paid advertisements

At Shopify, we have integrations with Facebook and Google ads, which allow you to create campaigns directly from your Shopify admin. Here are some links to help you get started:

Content creation

Approach this from a creative side - make sure to have a social media presence on all relevant platforms, such as Instagram and TikTok, and dedicate the accounts to your store and products. For example, any trends that you're noticing on those platforms, such as meme formats can be worked into your niche and be made relevant for your products.

Exploiting these trends is a great idea as it makes you more likely to get exposure in the form of a viral video, and that way potential customers can get to know your store. 

Partnerships/Sponsorships

If creating content isn't enough, another way to boost this is through collaborations with already established content creators. This can be done via offering either payment for exposure, or the product itself for free - and the creators can connect with their audience and talk about your business.

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PageFly-Kate
Shopify Partner
1089 325 320

Hi @kobed2323 ,

This is Kate from PageFly, Shopify Landing Page Builder App.

Congrats to your 2 new stores. Your website is beautifully designed and elegant. It's clear that you've put a lot of thought and effort into creating a great online presence. Well done.

From my experience, I have some feedback to improve your stores.

For autumnglow.us

1. Add favicon to your store

Favicon helps users easily identify and switch between open tabs in their web browser. This is particularly useful when users have multiple tabs open, and a recognizable favicon can make it easier for them to find and return to your store.

2. Add hover to each button

The customer will recognize that each button is functioning by hovering over it. 

PageFlyKate_0-1695979567994.png

3. Style product price to be highly visible

Increase its visibility by using a large font size (similar in size to the product headline), bold text style, or eye-catching color.

PageFlyKate_1-1695979568158.png

4. Add testimonial - customer reviews

Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

Reviews are crucial when it comes to shopping online.

You can check this image for reference:

PageFlyKate_2-1695979568174.png

5. In this product list section

PageFlyKate_3-1695979568206.png

• You should use the same product media size for highly visual
  • Add “Add to cart" button to each product: An add-to-cart button is especially effective for visually-driven products that require little information to be bought. In these cases, an add-to-cart button allows people to quickly grab and checkout without being directed to many pages

For pumpkinplush.shop

It seems that you haven’t finish the homepage for this site yet, I recommend you add some nessessary informations below:

1. Add favicon to your store

2.Add featured products 

Featuring products means dedicating a section on your homepage for the specific product(s) that you want to draw attention to. This section is supposed to significantly increase traffic to these product pages and can redirect visitors to a different page immediately. For those reasons, the choice of what to feature in this section should be carefully considered.

3. Add Contact form

You have the opportunity to learn more about your clients by using Contact form. After getting in touch with the customer, you might complete them on behalf of the client. You also have a more complete picture of the client as a result of the information gathered in this manner.

4. Add testimonial - customer reviews

For both websites, get ready for holiday season

As the holiday season approaches, and with many businesses already gearing up for festivities like Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM) and Halloween, your products align seamlessly with this festive period. I strongly encourage you to implement these suggestions to maximize your success during these celebrations:

• Festive website design: Update your website with a festive theme that reflects the holiday spirit. Add seasonal graphics, banners, and colors to create an inviting and celebratory atmosphere for visitors.
  • Holiday specials and offers: Ofer exclusive holiday promotions, discounts, or special deals to entice customers. Highlight these offers prominently on your website to catch the attention of potential buyers.

That’s all of my feedback. Hope it helps to increase your conversion rate.

Cheers, 

Kate | PageFly team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.