Solved

How can I improve my online clothing and accessories store?

CFLY_clothing
Tourist
3 0 3

been working on my online clothing & accessories store and would really love some advice and input on the design and functionality of my store and anything I’ve missed or done stupidly.. I’m a newbie but I learn fast.. thanks in advance and I hope you’re all having a wonderful day 👍🙏🏼

www.conspiracyflyclothing.store 

Accepted Solutions (2)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2455 226 523

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @CFLY_clothing,

Thank you for sharing your store with us here. I think you've done some good work here but I do have some recommendations on how you can improve your storefront.

Firstly, I think the square white background doesn't look great against the black background you have. I'd recommend removing the square background and just having your logo be the circular shape, which looks much cleaner:

01-25-67616-78844

This is the first thing visitors to your site will see so you'll want your logo looking as professional as possible.

I also think you could really level up the top of your homepage by adding a slideshow or hero image that showcases your products being worn, as this is a great form of social proofing. Showing your products being worn and used makes it easier for customers to visualize them enjoying and using the products themselves.

You'll also want to center the 10% off banner you have, as it being off to the side doesn't look great:

01-30-64352-34478

I also feel like your site is missing some key pages such as a Contact page and FAQ page. These pages show reliability and legitimacy and without them your website is missing key information that may convince customers to make a purchase. I'd recommend checking out these blog articles on how to create great versions of these pages:

Finally, I'd recommend changing or removing your collection page images, as they're overly zoomed in and don't look great when viewing them:

01-34-16803-70046

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you've any questions on anything I've suggested.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

PageFly-Garcia
Navigator
437 72 128

Hi @CFLY_clothing 

I'm Garcia from PageFly - Shopify Advanced Page Builder App. From my CRO expertise, I’d love to give you my suggestions as hereby:

1. Make your header sticky

If your website visitors are looking for a particular product while browsing, what's the usual action they would take? They might have to scroll all the way up to the page's top in order to find the search bar, which can be a bit of an inconvenience. However, this issue can be addressed by introducing a sticky header, significantly improving the ease of navigation for your customers

PageFlyGarcia_0-1693910374653.png

Another thing you might care is that the sticky header with the current logo might take significant space while scrolling with the logo above the navigation buttons. So I would like to suggest that you resize the logo and place the logo alongside the navigation buttons in the same row to save more space to showcase the products.

2. Recheck the hero banner

Because the hero banner makes the first impression on your visitors when they arrive on your website, it’s of great importance for you to create a good looking section here.

PageFlyGarcia_1-1693910374435.png

As you can see in my screenshot above, the current banner is a combination of 2 unaligned images. And it seems to be cut off at the bottom. You should recheck this to make sure your store look professional.

3. Update CTA button 

It’s great when you a CTA button right where it should be. But please make sure they are clickable.

The “Contact us” button below is an example:

PageFlyGarcia_2-1693910374667.png

And please note that all buttons have the same styling to boost the conversion rate. 

4. Increase spacing among different sections

This makes the content more readable and not easily overlooked.

PageFlyGarcia_3-1693910374419.png

5. Video display

The video should be autoplay or at lease have a thumbnail or else it would be easily overlooked.

PageFlyGarcia_4-1693910374288.png

6. Get ready for holiday season

As the holiday season approaches, and with many businesses already gearing up for festivities like Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM) and Halloween, your products align seamlessly with this festive period. I strongly encourage you to implement these suggestions to maximize your success during these celebrations:

• Interactive elements: Add interactive elements like quizzes, polls, or fun holiday-themed games to engage visitors and keep them on your site longer.
  • Festive website design: Update your website with a festive theme that reflects the holiday spirit. Add seasonal graphics, banners, and colors to create an inviting and celebratory atmosphere for visitors.
  • Holiday specials and offers: Ofer exclusive holiday promotions, discounts, or special deals to entice customers. Highlight these offers prominently on your website to catch the attention of potential buyers.

And that's my feedback! Hope it helps you boost the conversion rate.

Cheers!

Garcia | PageFly Team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2455 226 523

Hi @CFLY_clothing,

Thank you for sharing your store with us here. I think you've done some good work here but I do have some recommendations on how you can improve your storefront.

Firstly, I think the square white background doesn't look great against the black background you have. I'd recommend removing the square background and just having your logo be the circular shape, which looks much cleaner:

01-25-67616-78844

This is the first thing visitors to your site will see so you'll want your logo looking as professional as possible.

I also think you could really level up the top of your homepage by adding a slideshow or hero image that showcases your products being worn, as this is a great form of social proofing. Showing your products being worn and used makes it easier for customers to visualize them enjoying and using the products themselves.

You'll also want to center the 10% off banner you have, as it being off to the side doesn't look great:

01-30-64352-34478

I also feel like your site is missing some key pages such as a Contact page and FAQ page. These pages show reliability and legitimacy and without them your website is missing key information that may convince customers to make a purchase. I'd recommend checking out these blog articles on how to create great versions of these pages:

Finally, I'd recommend changing or removing your collection page images, as they're overly zoomed in and don't look great when viewing them:

01-34-16803-70046

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you've any questions on anything I've suggested.

CFLY_clothing
Tourist
3 0 3

Amazing.. thank you so much.. it’s great to have some input from others to give me some direction.. your advice makes perfect sense I will get to work on these issues and if I think of anything else I will get back to you.. really appreciate your time buddy.. 

kind regards 

Rich @CflyClothingCo.

Victor
Shopify Staff
2455 226 523

Hi @CFLY_clothing,

You're welcome! I think you've done some solid work thus far and I hope that the solutions I offered were of some use to you. Please take on board the feedback posted by others in this thread and feel free to reach out again if you have questions. Good luck with your business!

PageFly-Garcia
Navigator
437 72 128

Hi @CFLY_clothing 

I'm Garcia from PageFly - Shopify Advanced Page Builder App. From my CRO expertise, I’d love to give you my suggestions as hereby:

1. Make your header sticky

If your website visitors are looking for a particular product while browsing, what's the usual action they would take? They might have to scroll all the way up to the page's top in order to find the search bar, which can be a bit of an inconvenience. However, this issue can be addressed by introducing a sticky header, significantly improving the ease of navigation for your customers

PageFlyGarcia_0-1693910374653.png

Another thing you might care is that the sticky header with the current logo might take significant space while scrolling with the logo above the navigation buttons. So I would like to suggest that you resize the logo and place the logo alongside the navigation buttons in the same row to save more space to showcase the products.

2. Recheck the hero banner

Because the hero banner makes the first impression on your visitors when they arrive on your website, it’s of great importance for you to create a good looking section here.

PageFlyGarcia_1-1693910374435.png

As you can see in my screenshot above, the current banner is a combination of 2 unaligned images. And it seems to be cut off at the bottom. You should recheck this to make sure your store look professional.

3. Update CTA button 

It’s great when you a CTA button right where it should be. But please make sure they are clickable.

The “Contact us” button below is an example:

PageFlyGarcia_2-1693910374667.png

And please note that all buttons have the same styling to boost the conversion rate. 

4. Increase spacing among different sections

This makes the content more readable and not easily overlooked.

PageFlyGarcia_3-1693910374419.png

5. Video display

The video should be autoplay or at lease have a thumbnail or else it would be easily overlooked.

PageFlyGarcia_4-1693910374288.png

6. Get ready for holiday season

As the holiday season approaches, and with many businesses already gearing up for festivities like Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM) and Halloween, your products align seamlessly with this festive period. I strongly encourage you to implement these suggestions to maximize your success during these celebrations:

• Interactive elements: Add interactive elements like quizzes, polls, or fun holiday-themed games to engage visitors and keep them on your site longer.
  • Festive website design: Update your website with a festive theme that reflects the holiday spirit. Add seasonal graphics, banners, and colors to create an inviting and celebratory atmosphere for visitors.
  • Holiday specials and offers: Ofer exclusive holiday promotions, discounts, or special deals to entice customers. Highlight these offers prominently on your website to catch the attention of potential buyers.

And that's my feedback! Hope it helps you boost the conversion rate.

Cheers!

Garcia | PageFly Team

CFLY_clothing
Tourist
3 0 3

Thanks Garcia I appreciate your advice and I will change a few things later after gym.. I thought I had a sticky header on ups roll but it must of not saved so changed it now.. I’ll have to see if my theme lets me put the logo next to the menu as I couldn’t find an option for that.. also I’d love the video to auto play but not sure how to do that either as I’m new to building these shops.. I’ll try to figure it out somehow and I’ll change the spacing between sections.. thanks a lot I appreciate your time.. kind regards 

PageFly-Garcia
Navigator
437 72 128

You're welcome @CFLY_clothing  I’m glad to know I was able to help you 
You can consider free page builder apps to adjust the spacing, make the video autoplay... much more easily without using code 
Happy selling! 😍