Solved

How can I improve my online store before launch?

Bahrikaan
Explorer
47 0 16

Hi,

I want to start selling and advertising soon, but i know my webshop isnt finished yet and need some improvements. Can you guys look and tell me what i can improve (probably alot)?  Can be anything from new pages to order in products etc.

My webshop: www.glowinh.com

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

MooseDesk
Shopify Partner
138 22 54

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Bahrikaan ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. This is MooseDesk - All-in-one Shopify Ticketing System App

Congratulations on the opening of your store! It's truly impressive, and I can see the dedication you've poured into its creation. While it's already great, I do have some suggestions to help make it even better. Here are a few of my recommendations for better customer experience, if you don't mind taking a look.

1. Value propositions

The key for a high-converting store is to convince your Customers why your products are more beneficial and superior comparing to other competitors. You can achieve this by highlighting the most notable features of your products. Here is an example how you can do it: 

MooseDesk_0-1699497625298.png

You can create a separate section right below your hero banner for the value propositions.

2. Guarantees

People tend to trust businesses that are transparent and willing to share their brand policies. Here are some guarantees that you can show to your customers (depending on how your business operates).

Example:

MooseDesk_2-1699497709472.png

3. FAQ

Customers tend to have a lot of questions, most of them can be answered by a simple FAQ (frequently asked questions) section. A well-written set of FAQ can build trust, confidence and make your customers feel more secured to make the purchasing decision. For more tips to create FAQ sections, you can refer to this useful blog from Shopify.

Example:

MooseDesk_3-1699497762208.png

4. Customer Support

Last but not least, when Customers are not able to find answers from the FAQ section. they will definitely look for a way to contact your support team. I can see that you have already set up a Contact Us/Support section so if you are looking for a ticket management system, you can give MooseDesk a try. MooseDesk is currently FREE for all early birds with 24/7 dedicated support, which would help you answers all the questions and explain why MooseDesk is suitable for your business. 

MooseDesk_4-1699497953879.png

---

So those are my recommendations for your store. Hope it brings you some new insights.

If this is helpful for you, please let me know by giving me a 'LIKE'. If your question is answered please mark this as 'SOLUTION’. It would make my day!!

Once again, thank you! 

Get MooseDesk | Customer Support/Ticketing System App for Shopify
- Call me Moosey
- Was Moosey's Reply helpful? Give me a carrot ... I mean 'Like'
- Was your question answered? Mark Moosey's Reply as an Accepted Solution

View solution in original post

Replies 16 (16)

Finetoothed
Shopify Partner
18 2 5

Hi there

The site looks really nice, but something really important is load times as customers will leave if the site is slow to load. Below is a screen grab from Google Pagespeed insights for mobile. Since over 60% of purchases are now made on mobile this needs to be addressed.

Finetoothed_0-1699450656341.png

It looks like the video on the homepage is the main culprit, so you might want to consider changing it for an image. Good luck!

Turn visitors into customers with a Shopify store audit - identify barriers to purchase and how to fix them.
www.finetoothed.com
Bahrikaan
Explorer
47 0 16

Thanks Finetoothed. Will keep that in mind.

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2333 454 397

Hey @Bahrikaan.

Thanks for reaching out. 

I appreciate that you have included your online store URL for us to explore! Looking into your store, I noticed that you do not have any social media icons added to the footer of the store. You can add social media icons to the footer of the store to allow your customers to share their feedback on other platforms. This can also provide your visitors with a sense of security about making a purchase knowing that they can reach out to the business on multiple social media platforms. 

08-38-73216-2525

You can also add add product reviews to your product pages to allow your customers to share their thoughts and feedback. We have some great third-party applications available on the Shopify App Store that can assist you with having this feature available. I created a list of applications that you may be interested in here

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Bahrikaan
Explorer
47 0 16

Hi Ollie,

Thanks for the feedback. Will look at adding social media icons. I also appriciate the list.

Thank you!

Gojiberry-Amee
Shopify Partner
180 12 48

Hi Bahrikaan, 

This is Amee from Gojiberry - Shopify Survey & Feedback App

I took a look at your store and I think it looks fantastic already! Here are a few suggestions: 

1. Testimonials. It's great that you have testimonials on your webpage. Another place to put it would be on individual products. If you don't have that function active yet, it would be good to prepare in advance. 
2. Call to action button. Add an add-to-cart button or any call-to-action button underneath each product. 
3.  Adding a blog. Adding a blog about interior lighting, knowledge about lighting and interior design, or even how to decorate a gaming room, can help draw the right audience to your store. Also helps improve SEO and quality of traffic. 
4. Ask your customers! (Most effective for increasing conversion) Ask where your converting customers are coming from. You can easily do so with a post-purchase survey app, and reward your customers with coupons/points to keep them coming back again. Once you find your strongest marketing channel, focus more effort and money on that. 

Hope this helps! 

Amee | Gojiberry Team 

If you like my suggestion please give it a LIKE or mark it as a solution! ★★★★★

Gojiberry - Best post-purchase survey and feedback app for Shopify | Install on App Store for free
Shopify Community is helpful, BUT... why not start asking your customers for feedback instead?

The Ultimate 12 Best Practices to Growing Your Shopify Store

Bahrikaan
Explorer
47 0 16

Hi Amee,

Thanks for the feedback. I was planning on adding a blog but didnt know what to put in it, now i do thanks fot that. Will add the CTA Button underneath the products but i think i need to code that code in as i dont have that feature automatically. Do you know by any chance how to do that or if their is an app for that?

Thanks

MooseDesk
Shopify Partner
138 22 54

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Bahrikaan ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. This is MooseDesk - All-in-one Shopify Ticketing System App

Congratulations on the opening of your store! It's truly impressive, and I can see the dedication you've poured into its creation. While it's already great, I do have some suggestions to help make it even better. Here are a few of my recommendations for better customer experience, if you don't mind taking a look.

1. Value propositions

The key for a high-converting store is to convince your Customers why your products are more beneficial and superior comparing to other competitors. You can achieve this by highlighting the most notable features of your products. Here is an example how you can do it: 

MooseDesk_0-1699497625298.png

You can create a separate section right below your hero banner for the value propositions.

2. Guarantees

People tend to trust businesses that are transparent and willing to share their brand policies. Here are some guarantees that you can show to your customers (depending on how your business operates).

Example:

MooseDesk_2-1699497709472.png

3. FAQ

Customers tend to have a lot of questions, most of them can be answered by a simple FAQ (frequently asked questions) section. A well-written set of FAQ can build trust, confidence and make your customers feel more secured to make the purchasing decision. For more tips to create FAQ sections, you can refer to this useful blog from Shopify.

Example:

MooseDesk_3-1699497762208.png

4. Customer Support

Last but not least, when Customers are not able to find answers from the FAQ section. they will definitely look for a way to contact your support team. I can see that you have already set up a Contact Us/Support section so if you are looking for a ticket management system, you can give MooseDesk a try. MooseDesk is currently FREE for all early birds with 24/7 dedicated support, which would help you answers all the questions and explain why MooseDesk is suitable for your business. 

MooseDesk_4-1699497953879.png

---

So those are my recommendations for your store. Hope it brings you some new insights.

If this is helpful for you, please let me know by giving me a 'LIKE'. If your question is answered please mark this as 'SOLUTION’. It would make my day!!

Once again, thank you! 

- Call me Moosey
Bahrikaan
Explorer
47 0 16

Hi MooseDesk,

Thank you for your recommendations. I really like them, will add them to my store. Just a quick question. At the vallue propositions how can i make it like that? Have the image in the center and on both sides text? I am using the Impaulsive theme and cant find it in the sections? Is their an app for it?

Thanks

MooseDesk
Shopify Partner
138 22 54

Hi @Bahrikaan ,

I am glad that you are interested in my suggestions. Much appreciated! 

Regarding your question, you can achieve this type of design with some of the most popular page builder apps on Shopify: 

Here is an example from GemPages where you can create sections with layouts including texts and images.

MooseDesk_0-1699525920547.png

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks! 

- Call me Moosey
Bahrikaan
Explorer
47 0 16

Hi Liam,

What is a lead capture page?

Cart_Whisper-AB
Shopify Partner
47 2 9

Hi,

The home page looks nice, here are a few things I noticed immediately, firstly the banner below links to the terms & conditions page, instead of a collection

Marketingexpert_0-1699541685939.png

Also, the subscribe button in the footer can use improvement, in terms of the spacing around the form and button.

Marketingexpert_1-1699541743238.png

Also if everything is on sale, why do show a different collection for that?

The product pages themselves are very nice and detailed, I would make the ask question button more prominent.

And lastly, in the menu header, for the contact page, I would call it Contact or Get in touch, rather than support.

Best of luck with the store

Ab

Get Cart Whisper | Realtime Cart Insights/Unique Cart ID's App for Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Give me a 'Like'
- Was your question answered? Mark my Reply as an Accepted Solution
Bahrikaan
Explorer
47 0 16

Hi Marketingexpert,

Thanks for the feedback, i changed 3 of the 5 things. You said if everything is on sale why show a collection at all. I dont really understand what you meant by this cause only 4 of the 10 products are on sale. the ask a question i agree on and will change this too.

Thanks

PageFly-Garcia
Navigator
436 72 128

Hi @Bahrikaan I'm Garcia from PageFly - Shopify Advanced Page Builder App. From my CRO expertise, I’d love to give you my suggestions as hereby:

Make sure the hero video visible

The video in hero section is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. 

PageFlyGarcia_0-1699545234523.png

Though the current background video in the hero section can describe exactly what you are selling, it’s overridden by the heading and a CTA button.
I would like to recommend you move the text and the CTA button to the left corner of the video so that the main focus area of the video is not overlooked as now.

Add more spacing among sections

If the sections are too close to each other, it’s hard for the customers to scan the information or focus on each section.

PageFlyGarcia_1-1699545232651.png

Highlight the sale campaigns

In the section I captured below, the product sale badge could have been much more prominent if you use another background color for it.

PageFlyGarcia_2-1699545232707.png

2 other things for you to improve are:

• Increase the font weight of the product title
  • Increase the size of the product price

Another section you might be concerned about is:

PageFlyGarcia_3-1699545232475.png

• Correct the heading as “Up to 30% Off Flash Sale”
  • Bold the keyword “for 5 days” to create FOMO effect.
  • Add CTA button to let visitors know where should they go to grab the deal

You might also want to try a page builder app to customize this kind of sections and make it more user friendly.

Brand story

A business can stand out with its brand story. A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more attractive.

Get ready for the sale season

As the holiday season approaches, and with many businesses already gearing up for festivities like Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM), your products align seamlessly with this festive period. I strongly encourage you to implement these suggestions to maximize your success during these celebrations:

• Visual search: Integrate visual search capabilities that allow users to find products by uploading images, enhancing the ease of product discovery.
  • Festive website design: Update your website with a festive theme that reflects the holiday spirit. Add seasonal graphics, banners, and colors to create an inviting and celebratory atmosphere for visitors.
  • Social proofs and Trust badges: Display trust badges, security seals, and social proof indicators to instill confidence in potential customers and boost conversions.

PageFlyGarcia_5-1699545361519.png

And that's my feedback! Hope it helps you boost the conversion rate.

Cheers!

Garcia | PageFly Team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Bahrikaan
Explorer
47 0 16

Hi Garcia,

Thanks for the feedback. I implemented most of it. Will make a brand story also. For the section with the 30% off i will pagefly but dont know how it works exactly but i am talking to someone as we speak.

Thanks Alot

PageFly-Garcia
Navigator
436 72 128

Hi @Bahrikaan 

Thank you so much for consider using PageFly and I am glad that my recommendations helped you a bit. In case you need anything else, please let me know. Have a great day! 

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Idukki
Tourist
15 0 1

Dear Bahrikaan

I went through the website and the first thing i noticed were the reviews on the home page. Those do not look authentic and do not help the purpose at all! 

How about adding some social proof like social media photos/videos of your customers using your product. It is the best most authentic feedback businesses can display on their webstore.

Use Idukki app to add social content in beautifully designed widgets on your store and see the difference!