How can I improve my online store, TrendyTroop?

Shane_shallis02
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi I want your help by reviewing my store and giving me feedback. 
www.trendytroop.co.uk

Shaneshallis
Replies 2 (2)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2330 454 397

Hey @Shane_shallis02.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate that you have provided your online store URL!

Looking into the store, I did notice that you have two popups that are appearing when visitors enter your online store. It looks like the first one is displaying the location while the other is displaying after 3 seconds of loading into the store and referencing a 10% discount off the next order. This is a great way to advertise to your customer and get their attention, I would encourage the use of one popup rather than two, if possible.

You have a beautiful store, by the way! I did also notice that the social media icons that are displayed within the footer of your online store are not linked to any business pages at the moment. I took a screenshot from the online store to show you the section I am referring to:

13-06-22128-76628

You can change or edit the social media links by navigating to the Theme Editor and selecting the theme settings to make changes to the social media icon links.

Let me know what you think.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4226 957 1603

Hi @Shane_shallis02,

This is Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly - Shopify Advanced Page Builder app. Congrats on your new store! Your store looks stunning and professional, and I can tell you've put in a lot of effort. From my CRO expertise, I’d love to give you my suggestions as hereby:

1. Make the header sticky

The header somehow looks big due to the large logo. I suggest you should resize it a bit and make the header sticky. A sticky header allows customers to quickly access the navigation, search, and utility-navigation elements whenever they scroll up or down on the page. It is also the fastest and the most useful way to access the necessary information for the customers when they reach your website.

PageFlyRichard_0-1681440925045.png

2. Set a fixed height for the slideshow banner

Your hero banner looks great with quality images and CTAs, however, its second slide is shorter than the first one, which makes the movement between the 2 slides not very user-friendly. To improve the user interface, I recommend setting a fixed height for the slides.

PageFlyRichard_1-1681440928792.gif

3. Include both User rating average and number of ratings

Many users rely on ratings and reviews to select products and displaying them right on each product at the first place can quickly build your credibility.

PageFlyRichard_8-1681441361056.png

Like this:

PageFlyRichard_9-1681441397877.png

4. Item Alignment

The collection lists are not well-aligned with each other since some items have short image height, some items do not, etc.

You can make them align in one line by resizing the same image height to make the site more professional.

PageFlyRichard_4-1681440925435.png

5. Add a countdown timer

I see that you are running a sale promotion for some products. You can consider adding a Countdown Timer. Show a timer rolling backward which communicates how much time remains before a given action should be taken. It's probably good practice that the shown urgency is authentic and not just made up

PageFlyRichard_5-1681440925113.png

This is an example:

PageFlyRichard_6-1681440925310.png

Additionally, with Mother's Day 2023 fast approaching, also ranked as the third most significant holiday following Black Friday and Christmas, it is an opportune time to consider some compelling concepts for your business to take full advantage on this occasion.

1. Use colors palette associated with Mother’s Day

This kind of change makes your store more welcoming. You can refer to these pairs of colors:

• Pastel Pink and Green: This color palette is soft, delicate, and feminine, making it a popular choice for Mother's Day. It includes shades of light pink, blush, and pale green, which evoke feelings of tenderness, love, and springtime.
  • Red and White: This classic color combination is timeless and elegant, and it's often used to symbolize the love and appreciation we have for our mothers. It's a bold and impactful color palette that can be used to create a variety of different designs.
  • Lilac and Light Blue: This color palette is soft and soothing, with shades of pale purple and blue that are reminiscent of springtime flowers and clear skies. It's a calming and peaceful color palette that's perfect for creating a relaxing and tranquil atmosphere on Mother's Day.

PageFlyRichard_7-1681440925526.png

2. Offer special discounts

Create special deals during Mother’s Day event like bundle or 1+1 offer is one of the best ways to boost your sales. You can highlight them on your homepage to be visible as soon as visitors reach your page and make it easy to navigate through your product offerings.

3. Create gift guides or a special section with product recommendations.

Creating gift guides or a product recommendation section can help increase engagement and sales on your Mother's Day landing page. By organizing products by categories and themes, you can make it easier for shoppers to find the perfect gift for their mothers. Including product descriptions, images, and customer reviews can also help improve the shopping experience and boost conversion rates.

Good luck and happy selling!

Best regards,

Richard | PageFly

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.