Solved

How can I improve my upcoming online costume shop?

Aryaluna
Excursionist
19 0 4

Hi, I am launching my new shop in a few weeks (hopefully days), 

I have added most of the apps:

Review, translator, geolocalization, chat, malware block, currencies, images and seo optimization (I must optimize seo after the shop will be open for public though), zoho emails, policies... I am missing the corset section pictures, I am still making them...

I have shopify payments. The shop is in English or Italian. 

I put taxes to 0% because in my european country - Italy - I have a vat taxes method called "forfettario" where we do not have vat to be added to products for customers.

I have a free theme, Dawn, cause right now I cannot afford a paid one, I work alone on this job.

Do you have any suggestions please on what I should change or get better and how? Or if something is missing ? 

Here is the site, I am an historical costume seamstress and I handmake everything alone:

https://www.butterflygarmentscouture.com/

The password is chaybi 

Thank you to whoever can help me 😊🥰🦋

Also if you are an expert at ADS or at Shopify SEO that I could hire, please link your website below. That way I will be able to know more about what service you offer and who to hire next. 

IMG_20210804_081306.jpg

Accepted Solution (1)

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4226 957 1604

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Aryaluna,

This is Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly - Shopify Advanced Page Builder app

Congrats on your new store! Your store looks stunning and professional, and I can tell you've put in a lot of effort. From my CRO expertise, I’d love to give you my suggestions as hereby:

Home page

1. Adjust sticky header

The header at the top of the page remains fixed and takes up a lot of space, causing the screen to reduce in size when scrolling. You can modify the header's content and menu items to make them smaller in size.

PageFlyRichard_1-1680486178940.png

2. Highlight CTA buttons

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.

PageFlyRichard_2-1680486178904.png

3. Highlight the sale badge

It's a visual cue that indicates the product is on sale and can encourage them to click through and learn more about the product. By highlighting the sale badge on your product image, you can increase the chances of a customer making a purchase. It can also encourage them to buy more products if they see that there is a sale on multiple items.

PageFlyRichard_3-1680486178892.png

You can check this image for reference:

PageFlyRichard_4-1680486178943.png

4. Highlight the product price and product title

Increase the product price and title visibility by using a large font size, bold text style, or eye-catching color and please ensure the product price is aligned properly.

PageFlyRichard_5-1680486179482.png

Product page

1. Adjust spacing 

The spacing between the product details and the edge of the column is too narrow. To fix this issue, you can modify the spacing between these columns to provide more breathing room and improve the overall visual appeal of the page.

PageFlyRichard_6-1680486178902.png

2. Avoid unnecessary spacing

Please take a look at this spacing and consider adding more 1 product image on this block.

PageFlyRichard_7-1680486179433.png

3. Site speed

Pagespeed is extremely crucial for both buyer’s experience and Google ranking, so you could consider Shopify themes made to help you boost Google pagespeed score for your store such as Blum, Refresh, Dawn…

These are some suggestions for improving the design. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Best regards,

Richard | PageFly Team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4226 957 1604

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Aryaluna,

This is Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly - Shopify Advanced Page Builder app

Congrats on your new store! Your store looks stunning and professional, and I can tell you've put in a lot of effort. From my CRO expertise, I’d love to give you my suggestions as hereby:

Home page

1. Adjust sticky header

The header at the top of the page remains fixed and takes up a lot of space, causing the screen to reduce in size when scrolling. You can modify the header's content and menu items to make them smaller in size.

PageFlyRichard_1-1680486178940.png

2. Highlight CTA buttons

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.

PageFlyRichard_2-1680486178904.png

3. Highlight the sale badge

It's a visual cue that indicates the product is on sale and can encourage them to click through and learn more about the product. By highlighting the sale badge on your product image, you can increase the chances of a customer making a purchase. It can also encourage them to buy more products if they see that there is a sale on multiple items.

PageFlyRichard_3-1680486178892.png

You can check this image for reference:

PageFlyRichard_4-1680486178943.png

4. Highlight the product price and product title

Increase the product price and title visibility by using a large font size, bold text style, or eye-catching color and please ensure the product price is aligned properly.

PageFlyRichard_5-1680486179482.png

Product page

1. Adjust spacing 

The spacing between the product details and the edge of the column is too narrow. To fix this issue, you can modify the spacing between these columns to provide more breathing room and improve the overall visual appeal of the page.

PageFlyRichard_6-1680486178902.png

2. Avoid unnecessary spacing

Please take a look at this spacing and consider adding more 1 product image on this block.

PageFlyRichard_7-1680486179433.png

3. Site speed

Pagespeed is extremely crucial for both buyer’s experience and Google ranking, so you could consider Shopify themes made to help you boost Google pagespeed score for your store such as Blum, Refresh, Dawn…

These are some suggestions for improving the design. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Best regards,

Richard | PageFly Team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Aryaluna
Excursionist
19 0 4

Thank you for your help, you made me notice some things that I was unaware of

I will see all of the things that you listed and do my best to fix them. 

I am trying to have a style with a classic tone, something not too much modern and if possible elegant. That is why I am avoiding if possible bright tones to highlight things, I also like green colour as I find it relaxing and positive. I will try to highlight the Buttons and sales buttons making different attempts to see which one fits me better.

I noticed that my images have many sizes and I should make them all of the same rectangular size to have all the titles and prices align. They are chaotic like this 🤔

Right now I am using Dawn, and I have a speed app, but maybe I should check better if the app works or if there are any other ways to speed up the site. Sometimes it gets error 404 on my browser also. 

Thank you again 😊